Flip Flop Crocs

eyzwdeshut

I've worn them the past two summers. They're the Nile style, and I absolutely love them. Not quite as cushy as the regular crocs, but still very comfortable. Just beware, because they're a little thinner, they're not the best on old European cobblestones - trust me on this! But for times when you're wanting sandals in general, like in the Caribbean and such, they're perfect.

I've had them for 2 years now. And I LOVE them. I wear them at the beach all the time and around the house. I prefer flip flops, so I've never tried the regular crocs. I don't really go on long walks with them because I prefer regular walking shoes for that, but the flip flop crocs are great.

I have been wearing mine since April 27th, they ended up being the only thing I could fit on my swollen feet on the cruise. I did trade them in for my tennies today because of snow. I think they get a little slippery if your feet get wet.

I have been wearing mine since April 27th, they ended up being the only thing I could fit on my swollen feet on the cruise. I did trade them in for my tennies today because of snow. I think they get a little slippery if your feet get wet.

Have you seen the "fur"-lined crocs yet? Think I'll have to order some of those soon for winter...

I bought them this year in February and have worn them since. The model I got was the Ithica (or something that starts with an I :rolleyes: ) and they have double padding or cush or whatever in the heel. Very Very comfy. I used them as beach shoes on my recent cruise and they didn't slip even when wet. Course that might be cause my foot is just as fluffy as the rest of me LOL.

How do you know what size to order? I have a wide foot and have trouble finding any shoes that are comfortable and fit. I normally wear an 8 and a half double wide. What would I order in a flip flop?

Second question, is it hard to get used to flip flops. I wore them years ago with no problem. Thanks, J

Have you seen the "fur"-lined crocs yet? Think I'll have to order some of those soon for winter...

The fur-lined Crocs (the style is called "Mammoth") are awesome! I bought a pair for my son (he's 2 and he only wants to wear Crocs, which is a bit challenging in the winter!) and myself - I got the black on black, so the 'fur' bit is not as noticeable, but they are so comfy! I wore them on a trip to Chicago last weekend and I had them on 15-16 hours a day and they were fantastic and so warm! Thumbs up! :)

As for the OPs original quesiton, I have the Athens-style flip flops and I totally live in them in the summer - I was sad when I had to put them away this year. I've worn them on two cruises now and they have been great! I've had mine for 2 years and I've almost worn them out! Need a new pair next year I guess ;)

I'm not a fan of a strap between my toes; so I went for the "Cleo" style. It's a flip flop w/ 2 straps across the top of the foot. Stays on better & has the double cushion sole. I've not tried the original Croc; so I have nothing to compare it too. But I find mine deliciously comfy. If you haven't done so, visit the crocs website (http://www.crocs.com). When I shopped for the Cleo & didn't know what size to buy, they advised that if you are a half size to go up to the next full size. It worked for me. I don't remember which styles did, but some of them did come in wide widths. Good luck w/ your choice.

SarahQ - Hi, we're neighbours. I'm in Dundas. I've been looking for crocs other than the original kind & haven't been able to find any. Where did you get yours. I've seen the Mammoths but not the other. I know I'll probably not get them this time of year but I can always hope. We sail on the Glory in Feb. & I'd really like to find some without buy online. I need to try them on first.

SarahQ - Hi, we're neighbours. I'm in Dundas. I've been looking for crocs other than the original kind & haven't been able to find any. Where did you get yours. I've seen the Mammoths but not the other. I know I'll probably not get them this time of year but I can always hope. We sail on the Glory in Feb. & I'd really like to find some without buy online. I need to try them on first.

Hey wanasail - you're not kidding. We probably used to be neighbours! I lived in Dundas up until May and my parents still live there (its a small world after all, huh?).

I honestly just ordered mine from the Crocs website - if your order is less than $100 the shipping is $10, more than $100 and the shipping is free. Its just easier than trying to pick through tons only to not be able to find the right size/colour. That said, I can totally understand why you'd want to try them on first.

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to find any of the flip-flops or other 'open' styles right now around this neck of the woods at this time of the year :( Maybe if you had some time in your departure city before your cruise in February you might be able to find a place that sells them?

In general, I've seen them at The Bay and at SportCheck and those kinds of places, so you may want to try there - you never know what they might still have kicking around!

Good luck!

Archived