Pirate Duck Adventure - St Thomas

maria1122

• 3 weeks later...
Guest THE EDS

I am interested in the same excursion for the same reasons, please anyone who has done the Pirate Duck excursion please give some insight.

THE EDS

This is a new excursion, but I went before they started offering it to cruise passengers. I've since then talked to one of the employees for updates.

I'm pretty sure that they still board on land at their parking facility just outside Charlotte Amalie. There were a few steps (kind of like getting into a van, but maybe easier) that we had to climb, but I think, they were going to make some modifications to make it more accessible.

They show you parts of St Thomas that you don't see on the land tours - the vehicle can't make all those hills and steep curves. Since it's a different route, the narration also covers different aspects of VI history.

From land they enter the water via a dock in Frenchtown, and that's really neat to all of a sudden be floating. They then traverse the harbor from Crown Bay to Havensight, and I think they let the passengers off at Yacht Haven Grande near Havensight, because I see the boat docked there most days. When I went, they brought us back to their parking lot, so we had to climb down those stairs to get off. I don't know if the exit at the Yacht Haven Grande dock is at exit level or if they have a ramp of sorts.

If you google them, there's a phone number. Calling them would be just like calling the States, so maybe they can give you more definitive info.

• 1 month later...

Is there a website for the Duckaneer Adventure in St. Thomas? I Google it and I only get things about it from other websites. I'm wondering if you can book it direct or have to go through the cruise line. Thanks ahead of time! :-)

Ahhhh just found it. Here's the link in case anyone else is looking for it. http://www.pirateduckadventure.com/

• 1 month later...

Those of you who have done this, did you book on your own or through the ship? Also if you book on your own how did you get there and how far is it from the port? Was it really worth $50 each for 1 1/2 hours? Their web site doesn't list prices so we aren't sure if it would be a savings to book on our own or not.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
Those of you who have done this, did you book on your own or through the ship? Also if you book on your own how did you get there and how far is it from the port? Was it really worth $50 each for 1 1/2 hours? Their web site doesn't list prices so we aren't sure if it would be a savings to book on our own or not.

Thanks!

On your own or through the cruiseline? Prices please.

• 4 weeks later...

I was hoping someone would reply to Jimbo's inquiry about pricing. :( "$50 each for 1 1/2 hours"--was this fare a cruise ship price or the vendor's price?

We're sailing in April 2009. RCI has not posted available excursions yet. I'm curious to know what the ship's charge for an excursion like this.

Please share your experience.

Thank you, in advance.

Eileen

It's offered on our cruise in 3 weeks, still not sure if we are going to do it or not. Sure sounds like a lot of money for 75 minutes.

Pirate Duck Adventure - STA2

s.gif

Port/City: Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

s.gif

Activity Type: Adventure Tours | Beach and/or Water-Related Activities | Sightseeing and/or City Tours

s.gif

Approximate Duration: 1 hour(s) 15 minute(s)

s.gif

Prices starting from:

*50.00 USD (Adult)

*35.00 USD (Child)

*0.00 USD (Infant)

s.gif

Date(s) Offered: 27-Aug-2008

Thank you for posting the excursion details, Jimbo...much appreciated.

I agree that $50/person for 75 minutes of sitting in an amphibious vehicle seems expensive. That would be $350 for our party of 7 adults...not sure I can collate enough positive feedback about the experience to convince them all.

Guess it's time to view a few more threads about the Pirate Duck!

Thanks, again.

Eileen

Mr. Jim

This is st. Thomas , not boston and our price to everyone is 49.00 , unless you have a st. Thomas ID. If you have ever traveled

to any Islands you would know the cost of everything is much higher than on the mainland..

So thank you for considering our tour, you would have differently loved it.

Thank You

Michael Baird

pirateduckadventure@gmail.com

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM, <Mr. Jim> wrote:

Michael Baird,

Won't be booking your excursion at $49.00 per person for an hour and 15 minute tour, We are being over charged, not even Philadelphia( $25) or Boston($35) charge that much and their's is a much longer tour.

Never before had we been asked which cruiseline we are arriving on when asking for a price of an excursion when we wanted to book direct with the vendor. Everyone knows the cruiselines overprice the excursions to make additional money outside of what they owe each vendor. Yet, you are charging us the same price that the cruiseline would be charging us.

Jim

In a message dated 7/13/2008 10:26:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Dear Jim,

The prices that we offer is standard prices for all our passengers, we are are sorry for the inconvenience

I will recommend that you book your trip with the cruise ship that you are sailing on, that why you get the benefits of a free taxi to our location.

Thank you.

Michael Baird

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 6:26 PM, <
Mr. Jim
> wrote:

In a message dated 7/12/2008 3:11:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

it is 49.00 per adult. you have to be at our location 15 minutes before the trip starts. you will

have to take a taxi to the yacht haven grand marina , next to the west indian docks.

thank You

Archived