Is this too formal for formal nights

emttl73

Hi! That is a very pretty dress and you look good in it. BUT, I wore a similar dress in light blue and the people I was with told me it looked like I was going to a wedding. Then a lady told me that I must be a bride! So then I was more aware of what other women were wearing. Especially on stage dancing during the Captain's Cocktail.( that's why I didn't want to go up there) Almost everyone had on a black dress. But like I said, it was light blue so maybe it was because of the color. Yours is much darker. ;)

You look absolutely beautiful in that dress. It is the perfect color for a December cruise, too!

The only thing you might consider is a wrap in a darker color for December...maybe a chocolate brown satin! Go by the $10 shop and try one on!

Beautiful choice and beautiful color.....you look great in it.

I have observed on previous cruises, when a woman takes the time to really "dress for formal dinner", it has some of us thinking that maybe we could have found a little more room in our suitcases for that one "special" dress that we all have in our closets.....you go girl;)

Rick and Janine

Girl, you look great!!

If it makes you feel good that's what matters. Don't let anyone tell you it's not right. If you get a comment, just tell them that your designer feels this is perfect. Then ask who they use. If they want to know yours -- put a french or italian accent on your best friend's name!

I love to feel like a woman when I dress. It's great to have a place to be formal. And then just kick around the next day, by the pool, shopping, or on the beach... Have a great cruise and PLEASE tell us how it went!!! I'll be looking for your reports!!!

LK

That is a gorgeous dress! Lot's of women wear black ( I usually do) but thats because most of what you see in the shops is black. I would love to find something in such a beautiful color. Dressing up for formal night is one of my favorite parts of a cruise. Have a wonderful trip.

St. Louis Sal

On our last sailing (Sept 2007) I wore a dress very similar to yours but I believe the color was a tad more brilliant red and DH wore a Tux with a red cummerbund. I was pleasantly surprised when the Captain (at his party) commented how wonderful we looked. DH an I got onstage and danced and I felt wonderful. I also got many compliments from passengers and crew alike.

Wear the gown. You look fantastic in it and it is most certainly appropriate for a formal night.:)

Archived