Cruise to Alaska: Does balcony cabin provide binoculars

kGCAL

If you don't have any or don't feel like lugging them, I recall that binoculars can be purchased in one of the onboard shops for a reasonable price. I'm not knowledgeable about binoculars, but we bought a small pair and they worked just fine for us. I still use them for travel.

I would suggest 'bothering' to bring binoculars with high quality optics that you have had the opportunity to try out and work with. It is going to be worth the effort to do so with all the breathtaking scenery Alaska has to offer. Bring a pair for each person in your party - sharing is great sometimes, but this venue demands individual binoculars that are set up just for the user.

Only speaking from experience and hoping your Alaska cruise is the experience of a lifetime.:)

I agree everyone's suggestion mentioned above. Especially, try to bring one for each peron in your party. We all have different visions, especially the difference between two eyes will vary from person to person. It's pain to try to adjust the diopter setting each time your binoculars change hands.

there are lots of great threads on binoculars on the Alaska board...we bring at least one pair per person!

Thank you for pointing me there. My neighbor who cruised to Alaska this summer also suggested us to check into Alaska port of call boards for our trip planning.

Archived