Can anyone suggest a good restaurant for lunch in Cozumel?

Rasta Pirate

If you go into San Miguel(only town on the island), Pancho's Backyard (behind and connected to Los Cinco Sols - great place to shop) is a good place, but my personal favorite is Guido's. It used to be called Pizza Rolandi....same place, same menus, differnet ownership. Don't be fooled by the former name (Pizza). Great food, fantastic atmosphere (wonderful outdoor courtyard), great staff. Ask anyone who has ever been to Cozumel about this place, and I don't think that you will hear of any complaints.

Both places are on the main strip which runs by the seawall - Ave Ralphel Melgar. Just grab a cab and tell them to take you there.:cool:

I think the food is so-so and the prices too high at Pancho's (both locations). Guido's is good but I prefer it late in the evening/night...better atmospher. My favorite place for lunch is Sabores. Private house on 5th in between 3 and 5. It's a white house with yellow trim right next to Kurcher Chiropractic and down from French Quarter. The menu is listed outside on a sign. You get a big pitcher of jamaica (hybiscus tea), choice of soup and main entree, chips and tortillas for $40 pesos or about $3.75. It is excellent!!!!! The entrees vary from ribs to pork to chicken to enchilladas etc. with about 6-8 different things to choose from. And everything is yummy. They are only open from 11-4 Monday-Friday. They only speak spanish but it is easy to order and they are so nice. The cleanliness and safety of the food is 100% A-OK.

La Choza on Ave. Adolpho Rosado Salas, Manati at Ave. 10 & Calle #8, Especias on Calle #5 (but might only be open for dinner) ....El Turix across from the big church south of Calle #11 - Yucatan food, La Parroquia on Ave 10 - great lime soup ....

When i was in Cozumel, we ate at a restaurant, and ive been trying to think of the name of it forever. it was close to the cruise ship pier, in the midst of all the stores there. They had seating outside, and the had a singer walking around playing a guitar singing songs. My girlfriend is Hispanic and loved it, he was singing love songs to her in spanish! Any idea what that might have been??? Sorry i dont have more to go on, we were in a rush that day :)

Honestly im not 100% sure, but ill try to describe it. We got off walked around in like an L to get off. The end was gated, bunch of guards with what looked like machine guns. The beach was at the pier was very rocky. i would say the restaurant was in town, if i remember right the pier was very very close to Senor Frogs? So the restaurant was within a decent walking distance to the pier, because after we ate we shopped a bit then walked back to the boat

We had a good lunch @ Paradise Beach when we were there in May. Actually squeezed a lot in that day; shopped in town in a.m.; taxi to the Beach/lunch/margueritas, and then one stop off @ Pancho's Back Yard for one more marguerita before getting back to the ship.

Honestly im not 100% sure, but ill try to describe it. We got off walked around in like an L to get off. The end was gated, bunch of guards with what looked like machine guns. The beach was at the pier was very rocky. i would say the restaurant was in town, if i remember right the pier was very very close to Senor Frogs? So the restaurant was within a decent walking distance to the pier, because after we ate we shopped a bit then walked back to the boat

You might be thinking of Las Palmas. And yes they do have very good food. It is a little pricey considering the other options.

Planer's Edge

Hey check out Earnesto Fajitas---its between the new pier and town on the main drag. right on the water and good prices, good food and VERY cold beer. Check out the Superior beer. Better than Corona. Sure wish we brought back a couple of cases of it.

I second the recommendation for Pancho's. Just behind Los Cincos Soles, a wonderful gift shop.

Food is excellent, waiters friendy, beautiful gardenlike restaurant. And then there are the marimba players, hard to find anymore in Mexico. All in all a great place to dine.

I will be spending most of my day on a beach (somewhere), and doing some shopping & sightseeing. Would like to have a nice lunch (ashore) before getting back onboard.

any suggestions???

Like so many others, I recommend Poncho's. Good food, nice atmosphere and lots of neat things to see. We usually shop there as well. As well as good food they have great Margaritas.

NMNita

We have been to Cozumel on a cruise ship about eight different times and have eaten at both Las Palmeros and Pancho's Backyard. We definitely prefer Pancho's Backyard. If you decide to go there, check out this website and be sure to print out the coupon for the free 'rita! Yum! Makes me wish I were there right now. :D

http://www.loscincosoles.com/panchosbackyard/home.htm

We had a good lunch @ Paradise Beach when we were there in May. Actually squeezed a lot in that day; shopped in town in a.m.; taxi to the Beach/lunch/margueritas, and then one stop off @ Pancho's Back Yard for one more marguerita before getting back to the ship.

tinmanswife - that's what i wanted to do when we go 10/25 (hopefully w/ these hurricanes! :mad: ) Could you tell me - how much was the cab to the beach? and is Pancho's any where near Carols & Charlies? did you cab from the beach to Pancho's? if so, how much? and how much to get back to the ship? Thanks - I'm trying to budget!

Archived