tipping butler

brovol

DH and I will be on the Dawn in an aft suite (AE) for the first time.

I plan to have breakfast in the cabin a few times during the cruise.

We will not be having dinner in the cabin.

We will need reservations twice for dinner.

We will be using an early tender into Bermuda once.

This cruise is really for much needed R & R - we are really low maintenance.

Does $100. each for the cons. & butler sound o.k. :confused:

That sounds like more than enough...just go with your gut feeling...It all depends on how much you use them..

Enjoy the AE, our favorite location..:D

We were in AC 9000 on the Jewel on the April TA from Miami to Athens and our butler was Henry. When we boarded we informed him that we were having approx 40+ over for wine at sail away. By the time we got back from the lifeboat drill our room was completely set up - glasses, ice, the wine we had ordered chilled and snacks.:) We tipped him $100 right then and there. We will be in AE 8632 next April on the TA to Dover - hope Henry is still there. We also tipped him $200 at the end of the cruise. Worth every penny.

Hey Rich - we followed your advice for a penthouse. One really gets spoiled. How can we go back to a mini-suite now:confused:

Jim & Barbara

We were in AC 9000 on the Jewel on the April TA from Miami to Athens and our butler was Henry. When we boarded we informed him that we were having approx 40+ over for wine at sail away. By the time we got back from the lifeboat drill our room was completely set up - glasses, ice, the wine we had ordered chilled and snacks.:) We tipped him $100 right then and there. We will be in AE 8632 next April on the TA to Dover - hope Henry is still there. We also tipped him $200 at the end of the cruise. Worth every penny.

Hey Rich - we followed your advice for a penthouse. One really gets spoiled. How can we go back to a mini-suite now:confused:

Jim & Barbara

Hey guys......

You'll love the AE...did I hear you are on the Gem with us in November 08 ??

Rich,

Hopefully we will be. Just love those sea days.

Know we will love the AE. We were forward last time, but are now trying the aft. Our roll call has all 4 penthouses aft on 8 booked. We can party in the hallways.

Give our best to Loretta

Jim & Barbara

Does Majesty have butler service. I will be in the Owners suite?

Susie, sorry, no butlers in the OS on the Majesty. :(

You will have room service though. We only had coffee delivered most mornings, but did have some muffins and fruit once or twice. I never thought to ask about dinner in the room, but you can check out the room service menu here.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2272836790051977359LsMBdp

If you're lucky enough to have Alex (aka Magic Man) you're in for a treat! He is the pen-ultimate concierge and we cannot wait to sail with him again.

Unfortunately, the last I heard Alex left the Pearl at the beginning of September for vacation and was then headed to the Jewel as the Guest Services Manager (a promotion for him). He was fantastic when we sailed with him in August.

As for tipping the butler...... we used ours quite a bit (room service breakfast almost every morning and dinner at least 2 nights, snacks, etc.) and tipped him $150 for the week (3 of us in the cabin). Now my wife says there is no way she'll sail on NCL without being in one of the Courtyard Villas again :eek:

DH and I will be on the Dawn in an aft suite (AE) for the first time.

I plan to have breakfast in the cabin a few times during the cruise.

We will not be having dinner in the cabin.

We will need reservations twice for dinner.

We will be using an early tender into Bermuda once.

This cruise is really for much needed R & R - we are really low maintenance.

Does $100. each for the cons. & butler sound o.k. :confused:

that s more than resonable..maybe, you can add a few other

service s to that list..it s not everyday that one get s the service s

of a butler:p

Archived