Carry-On Bag?

madelinerose

Hi girls....I have many carry-ons, weekenders, duffels, etc., but, Carnival's requirement is 11" x 17" max (to fit through the scanners) and all of my bags are larger. I have a great Maxx NY one from QVC, but it's too big :(.

I've been searching and can find nothing that's as small as 11 x 17. I was even in our fav store, TARGEAAAAAA, and all the sizes were larger...smallest was 11 x 19.

Can any of you help me out and point me to the proper place? Maybe I should check some websites?

Janet, I know your the cosmetic bag queen, but what about carry-ons? Do you have thousands :D of those also?

Thanks, everyone and have a great week.

I have never had a scanner issue with either of my carry-ons. But then I check the rollaboard and only carry the little shoulder bag that slips over the handle and my purse (large purse shaped like a better back bag, slings over one shoulder). The shoulder bag is large enough to hold my medicines, jewelry and a couple of books and incidentals. The purse carries tickets and documents. God forbid they lose my small rollaboard as it contains all my cosmetics LOL. Check Target and Walmart for some nifty sized and compartmented carry on bags. Have a great cruise.

Hi Karen! I would be surprised to hear that you cannot get a carryon larger than that through. My carryons are much larger and we have never had a problem. Hmmmm...if I were in your shoes, I would take the carryon that you NEED! I just can't imagine the cruise line turning you away. They want you to enjoy your vaca!! Afterall, they let all 445 of my cosmetic bags onboard! LOL :eek:

When I heard that the carryon size is 11x17 I was very puzzled until I realized

what they mean is the width cannot be more the 17

and the breadth (fatness) cannot be more than 11

the actual length can be anything because, if you think about it being on a

conveyor it really doesn't matter how long it is.

I don't think bags exist that are the size the OP mentioned, (less than a foot

wide:confused: - no way!)

I may have got the width and breadth measurements the wrong way round,

though???

I read about this somewhere else - I'll see if I can get the link for you.

Here's one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=40331&highlight=carry+size+11x17

This one's better:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=41491&highlight=11x17

Thanks, everyone. I would be ok at the airport, just the Carnival rule that had me a little concerned. We're driving to the port - it's a 15 minute ride - yay! :p

Janet - I completely forgot about the 445 cosmetic cases! If THEY can fit through the scanner, I'll have no problem at all - ;) !

BrodyBarb - Thanks for the links, they helped tremendously. Didn't even think to do a search.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Archived