Golden Princess Questions

tripman

Hello

My parents are considering a Mexican Riveria cruise on the Golden Princess in the coming months. They asked my opinion because I've been on the Sapphire Princess and the Caribbean Princess. But I realized that just because they are "kind of sister" ships, it doesn't mean my opinions are valid. There are considerable differences in the ages of the ships. I was on the Caribbean Princess when it was 1 year old and the Sapphire Princess when it was 1 WEEK old.

So my question is, aside from the obvious structural differences between the three ships, would the experience on the Golden Princess (considering it is 7 or 8 years old) be similar to what I remember from the Caribbean Princess and Sapphire Princess? The service...food..."upkeep"...etc? Has the Golden Princess been refurbished recently? I want to make sure the advice I give is good and not misleading. I don't want to say how great our trips were, and then have a completely different time on the ship that is older.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hello

So my question is, aside from the obvious structural differences between the three ships, would the experience on the Golden Princess (considering it is 7 or 8 years old) be similar to what I remember from the Caribbean Princess and Sapphire Princess? The service...food..."upkeep"...etc? Has the Golden Princess been refurbished recently? I want to make sure the advice I give is good and not misleading. I don't want to say how great our trips were, and then have a completely different time on the ship that is older.

Don't know when it was last refurbished, but we were on it for 21 days in the first part of this year and had zero complaints about condition, staff, food, etc.

We were on the frequently maligned (by some posters) cruise on the Golden from Nov 3rd-10th. We really enjoyed our cruise, found the Golden to be in good condition, and the service was, for the most part quite good. Our only complaint was that our cabin steward(ess) was a bit of an airhead. She forgot things like keeping the ice bucket filled and replacing pool towels, unless she was reminded. But the cabin was always clean and as tidy as it should be. We felt the food was very good, whether in anytime dining, the buffet or at the pizza place. Although we were not particularly fond of the MR ports, we did enjoy the cruise and are glad we went.

We were on the frequently maligned (by some posters) cruise on the Golden from Nov 3rd-10th. We really enjoyed our cruise, found the Golden to be in good condition, and the service was, for the most part quite good. Our only complaint was that our cabin steward(ess) was a bit of an airhead. She forgot things like keeping the ice bucket filled and replacing pool towels, unless she was reminded. But the cabin was always clean and as tidy as it should be. We felt the food was very good, whether in anytime dining, the buffet or at the pizza place. Although we were not particularly fond of the MR ports, we did enjoy the cruise and are glad we went.

I agree about the ports, we are not fans of the MR, everything is pretty much the same with the exception maybe of CAbo. This being said, we are cruising on the Golden just because we love cruising and the price was right.

Nita

Archived