Amtrak question

richbum

HI everyone...Can anyone help me with a few train questions. We are thinking about coming down to Newark on the train. The website says that it is at the airport, is that correct, if not, how close is it to Newark Airport? Also, how far from the Best Western?

Thanks in advance for your help!:D

Yes there is a stop at the airport...just make sure the train you catch has EWR by it...not all of them stop there....(they stop at Newark Airport and then Newark Penn Station.....)

You will then take the airport monorail to P4 which is where the shuttles pick up..the Best Western isn't far maybe 5-10 minutes or less in the shuttle.......not really much of anything around there to eat.....i guess they have a restuarant, and some of the other hotels do, but I would take a cab....not sure where in Maine you are, but i guess you know that if you are taking the Downeaster, that train stops at Boston North Station..you will then need to hop a cab to Boston South Station to get a SB Northeast Corridor Amtrak train......just FYI (if you knew that already, sorry...just trying to be helpful!)

If you're talking about the Newark Airport Best Western, you have two choices: (1) Get off at Newark Penn Station and the hotel will pick you up for a fee (2) Go to the Newark Airport Rail Station, where you will get the monorail to the airport. Once you're at the airport, the hotel will pick you up for free.

I just found out that I need to switch trains, Now I need to figure out how todo that. This is our first trip to Newark...Obviously I have homework to do. Nothing is booked yet, but I want to get all the info possible before I make any final decisions.

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.:D

Archived