Will my balcony...

parrotthead

be on a floor above the water? I want to see the water from above and also will want to open the door and go out on the balcony which will be hard if it is below the water.

teehee, sorry I couldn't resist

I don't believe that the Titanic had any balcony cabins.:D

you have to pay more for a balcony right on the waterline. They come equipped with fishing poles and water skiis. Bring someone you really don't like because you put them on the waterskiis and use them as bait. The fishing pole and line are equipped to handle both the bait and the shark ;)

Then the cruise line rebates back some of your cruise fare, because shark steak is on the menu that night. And for the person in the dining room who happens to get some body parts in their dinner that night, you are the lucky one. You get a free cake and the wait staff sings "Happy fishing to you" :eek:

This is Great!!! I am so glad we always had balcony staterooms on decks 8 and higher!!!!

My niece and I sailed on Radisson (now Regent) to Bermuda in 2005, the last year it sailed out of NYC (now you have to lfly to Ft Lauderdale). We did not have a balcony and were on deck 5 (same deck as the main resturant). One the way to Bermuda we had some rough seas, our window looked like the front loader of a washing machine from that time on I only booked higher decks.

Then as luck would have it my entire family was booked on the NCL Dawn the cruise after the "rouge wave" hit the ship. We were on deck 10 - the wave hit the deck below us - so go fuguire. But NCL treated us so well.

But the view below the water could be so much more interesting!

I would imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult to open the balcony door if you're located right at the water line. Then you'd get the best of both--above and under water views. Now, that would be cruising!

Wouldn't that be totally cool if below the waterline oceanview cabins were available with huge windows the size of the sliders? You could have a blast watching the marine life.

be on a floor above the water? I want to see the water from above and also will want to open the door and go out on the balcony which will be hard if it is below the water.

The only way you'll know for sure is after you board, open the balcony door. If water comes in, you're below the water line. If it doesn't, you're not. :D

Good Lord PH! Look at what you've started here!

ATTENTION PLEASE!

I can assure you, Parrotthead (with 2 t's) is the user name associated with Kandy on Cruise Critic. Since my wife and I (and several other CC folks) have actually spent time drinking some of PH's (Kandy's) morning drinks and eating waffles, as well and dancing at the dueling piano bar where Wrona didn't pull a Wrona and hurt herself, we KNOW that SHE (Parrotthead, ie Kandy) is in fact female in gender and would NEVER be caught wearing a Yankees uniform. I can assure you that what we have here is a case of mistaken identity.

Now, as for her question, I happen to think she was being serious! ii That otta do it eh PH?

Thank you for your attention, you may return to your boring pathetic lives :p . I have to get ready to leave on a cruise!

as last week when we were in Roatan my Mother asked the tour guide which side of the island is the water on?

I almost busted out laughing especially since during one part of the tour you could see water on both sides while driving down the road. BUT if I had I might have been the only 44 year old to get my mouth washed out with soap when we got back to the ship.

You're scaring me...

There are no balconies below the water......

Don't be so sure. Perhaps the OP is interested in booking the Poseidon.........

Remember to be patient, your below water balcony will be delivered during the cruise..... (Tip the captain an little extra for the full ship roll. You don't get that every cruise!)

Please be aware that if you book one of the "underwater" balconies, you balcony will be above water when you are in port! As passengers leave the ship to visit the port, the balcony will slowly rise above the water line.

So you will have the best of both worlds.

Please be aware that if you book one of the "underwater" balconies, you balcony will be above water when you are in port! As passengers leave the ship to visit the port, the balcony will slowly rise above the water line.

This would be unacceptale. If I book an underwaterline balcony I want it underwaterline all the time.

Incedently, how is the rising of the ship done? Is it hydrolics?

Archived