Room Service

Browneyedhunni85

Yes, they just knock on your door.

Anything I've ordered has been good. Roast beef and brie, cookie/brownie plate. Last cruise I "discovered" the shrimp salad sandwich.....it's my new favorite!

You call and order what you want.

Depending on what you ordered/how much you ordered/time of day. it is usually delivered in about 20-30 min.

They knock on the door and hand you a tray.

1-2 dollar tip at your descretion, but sometimes I wonder about that because I have had to chase them down the hallway to give it to them a couple of times, and they move fast.

it s only morning do i use room service..they ll call your room

just befor to let you know they re on the way..

I have never had Carnival do that - over MANY sailings.

The quality, IMHO, tends to vary - though it's usually quite tasty, especially that 2 AM BLT!

Tom

It has been my experience that they ask if they can come in when you open the door. Then they will set the tray down somewhere, usually on the table. I have even had the tray put out on the balcony for me.

I have never had anyone come in the cabin without asking first.

I've never requested room service before. I was just wondering what those that have think about it? Do they just knock on your door when its ready? Is the food good? Thanks!

IMO this is ESPECIALLY nice for breakfast when you've got a balcony. They bring everything you order, very tasty, and as mentioned, you get a call just before it arrives. Limited selection, but very nicely done.

One thing I crave all my cruises is salty snacks. So last cruise we ordered room service just for the potato chips and pretzels. Three nights we tried but the chips and pretzels were stale every time.

One or two nights I lucked out and they were serving salty bar snacks and my Dh got me a cup of bar snack to go.

I planned on bringing salty stuff on my next cruise but I actually recently gave up salt. I'm having a harder time letting go of this addiction than I did when I quit smoking.

We have had some GREAT room service experiences and many on Carnival. Their roast beef and brie on a baguette rocks. Have had everything from coffee to lobster on the balcony. DO NOT MISS USING ROOM SERVICE !

:)

I would wager the LOBSTER ON THE BALCONY was not on Carnival... unless you have some connections with the Maitre d' !!!

I still write Carnival periodically asking for HOT breakfast options... perhaps one year!!!

Tom

Tom,

Lobster on the balcony was on Princess. We wanted to have friends join us on the balcony before dinner and talked to the senior room service person. Not only did we get lobster...they even offered to set up a table for us. That was before Princess started the balcony dinner program...maybe we invented it.

:D

I use room service every day on cruises. On Carnival, I've never heard of them calling before they deliver a tray.:confused: I order, they knock on the door, and come in to put the tray on the desk.

I thoroughly enjoy having coffee and croissants first thing every morning, and I've never waited over 15 minutes - usually less than that. I don't know how they do it so fast! Later, I go to the dining room for a full b'fast....but gotta have my java first thing.

For just coffee/croissants, I tip $1. If I order sandwiches, desserts, etc., I tip $2. (I'm a solo cruiser.)

I agree about the roast beef and brie on baguette....excellent!:)

On our last cruise we had the 'happy hour suite' and every day we'd order several items from room service for the group to snack on. Even that large order was delivered within 30 mins and we've never been called before the delivery. We order milk everynight just before bed too and that comes in less than 5 mins.

IMO this is ESPECIALLY nice for breakfast when you've got a balcony. They bring everything you order, very tasty, and as mentioned, you get a call just before it arrives. Limited selection, but very nicely done.

This is what I am so looking forward to on my upcoming cruise (last 2 cruises I was solo in a 1a) - breakfast on the balcony - nothing like an ocean view going by while you sip your coffee and enjoy SMOKED SALMON!!! I too have never had them call before they come? But they do ask if they can come in!

...and I think one of my little ds' favorite things about cruising is the room service - has already asked how soon he can order something after we board in a couple of weeks!

Frouf

My funny story is that we ordered breakfast from room service 3 times during the week. There were three of us in the room, and each time we would each order cereal, a bagel, and coffee. All 3 times, we received 3 boxes of cereal, 3 cartons of milk, a pot of coffee with 3 mugs, 3 sets of silverware, and only TWO BOWLS. All 3 times! It was just so funny.

Luckily one of us didn't drink coffee, so she used her mug for her cereal.:rolleyes:

Archived