PG roll call Mar 1,2008

HonTri

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody going? Most of Questions have been answered here. I'm sure we are forgetting something. Like what do people wear to lunch? We are not big eaters can you order small amounts? Are there any Sonoma Co. wines offered?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

DH and I have a cabin on hold for March 1st. I have always wanted to go to Bora Bora. I am a bit nervous of going on this smaller ship. We did Silver Sea once for two days and I didn't really like it. I am also unsure of the weather. Going to do more surfing the net tonight to see if it's really for us. Are the beaches public on Bora Bora or is there only access through the hotels? Are the mosi's bad? I just want to snorkel everywhere, but my husband can't take too much sun, so will be looking for a shady bar somewhere.

Hi

Yes there are beaches that are open to the public on Bora Bora. Google that you'll find your answer right away! We have been to Bora Bora before (Club Med) the Snorkeling is great! My wife also needs to be careful about the sun she got a very light spandex wet suit it keeps her in the water way longer than I. This is our first cruise we are timeshare owners. We decided to spend for us a lot of $$$$$. We are in our 60's both very active,live in northern California in the wine growing region and we are into wine and gourmet food.

I'm sure we are going ahead with the cruise and will confirm it tomorrow. We are thinking of (if it's still available) taking the option for the night in the Pearls Resort, which is the resort I looked at when we thought of going to Bora Bora on our own. Do you think it would be worth it? If we just visit the beaches on our own are there bars and restaurants on or near the beach? Also what time of year were you there and were the mosi's really bad?

We live in Glasgow. Which part of California are you from. We have been to Santa Barbara and LA and also did a coach tour down the coast with Tauck. We also love good food and wine and are in our 50's.

Hi

We live in Santa Rosa Ca. thats about 50mi. north of San Francisco.

We were on Bora Bora in October (1995) the mosi,s were not bad.

We did not go out to eat on the island the Club Med food was good.

So far you are the only Cruise Critic members that are going on this cruise!:confused:

Hi we are joining you on the Cruise on March 1st. We are two couples from Barnegat, New Jersey (the Jersey Shore). We have all cruised before. I have never been on a small ship and I hope I do well. Three of us live in a retirement community, the other one does not. We are hoping the weather is good since it is late summer there. Someone mentioned it is very buggy there. Do you know if this is true? Can't wait. We leave on Feb. 27th and spend some time before the trip in a hotel.

No, it's not very buggy. If you're on a land excursion, in heavy foliage, you might find some mosquitoes, so if you're concerned, take some repellant. Some people have complained about bugs on the motu as well, although this has never happened to me.

Yes, March is near the end of their "summer", but that means hot and humid, and can mean rainy. Don't let it worry you too much, showers are usually brief, and storms can happen any time, but the weather is pretty universally gorgeous, no matter the time of year. My only experience of this was mid-April, and we had no rain to speak of, just muggier and hotter than May or June.

We are staying at the same hotel the same time. Are you booked through Grand Circle? That is who we are booked through. We are really getting excited now. We booked in October and it seemed that it was a long way off and now we are in February and getting ready to leave on the 27th. Can't wait.

Archived