Gatwick to Montego Bay

mhugcat

but I'm sure once he's worn it for the first smart/casual night on our next cruise, he'll love it, and it will always be first on his list of items to pack

Seriously, I would agree with you although I needed no persuading.

A long time cruising friend got an unlined linen jacket for £20 and wears it all the time. Mine was a little more expensive at £40, down from £200, and is really shabby-chic. The unwanted creases drop out, just don't exxpect it to look like a superfine or mohair suit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm reverting to the original post on this thread regarding flights to Montego Bay. We're on Artemis for Christmas this year, and have just been advised that we're on Thomson flights (from Gatwick). We tried to upgrade to Premium when we booked the cruise back in February but were told it was full, so we have to accept economy.

Our only experience of Thomson longhaul was a couple of years ago, before they increased the legroom, and it was not comfortable, especially for my husband who is just over 6ft tall.

Does anyone have any more recent experience of Thomson, particularly on a P&O charter? Any comments (good or bad!) appreciated.

Thanks

Ann

• 1 month later...

Hi Christine (mhugcat),

I am on Artemis in March flying from Gatwick to Montego Bay and this is the information I received from someone with good knowledge of flights including times and numbers (always useful if wanting to book parking at the airport) and this is what he tells me...............

I feel that you flight is unlikely to be operated by First Choice as they have now merged with Thomsonfly and all flights now have a Thomsonfly code, even though it is possible that the aircraft may still be painted in First Choice colours.

If you requested First Choice, knowing the difference in quality between their aircraft and Monarch and, to a lesser extent, Thos Cook then don't worry. The configuaration and legroom on Thomsonfly is identical to the old First Choice.

Given this, I believe your flight is probably TOM291 departing Gatwick North at 09.05 arriving Montego Bay at 15.35.

I hope you find this information as useful as I have. Of course I cannot say the flight numbers for you will be the same as I have been told.

Feebee_71 :)

We flew a couple of years ago to join the Adonia in Acapulco, Flight time then was nearly 16 hours. This included a refuelling stop in Jamaica. (1 hour ) The flight was with TC and believe me it was dire. I certainly hope the post saying they've changed their seating arrangements is true for TC's seating configuration of 3 - 3 - 3 is diabolical. This January we fly to Barbados to join the Sea Princess and yes, arent we lucky, got TC again.

Jimmy

We flew a couple of years ago to join the Adonia in Acapulco, Flight time then was nearly 16 hours. This included a refuelling stop in Jamaica. (1 hour ) The flight was with TC and believe me it was dire. I certainly hope the post saying they've changed their seating arrangements is true for TC's seating configuration of 3 - 3 - 3 is diabolical. This January we fly to Barbados to join the Sea Princess and yes, arent we lucky, got TC again.

Jimmy

We are flying out to the Sea Princess in February and also fly with TC. Don't worry they have re-furbished the interiors on the 330 airbus since you used them last. They now have dedicated seat back entertainment systems with a choice of films and more importantly have taken 30 seats out of economy. Legroom has increased from 28in to 33in which is 2in more than BA and virgin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

We are flying Thomas Cook, Manchester to Montego Bay to board Sea Princess on 3rd January.The flight is supposed to go at 9.15 am and get to Montego Bay at 3pm local time. I don`t know if the difference is 5 or 6 hours but if it 5 it will be a very long flight.

We don`t have official details yet but an email from Princess say it`s an Airbus 330 with 33inch legroom. They also said that the luggage allowance was 23 kilos throughout the plane.

• 4 weeks later...
Spam Spam Spam Spam

The spam has been removed. However the best way to report spam, or other problem posts, is to use our alert system.

Simply click on the report.gif icon that appears in the upper right corner of every post and follow the instructions.

Thanks.

The spam has been removed. However the best way to report spam, or other problem posts, is to use our alert system.

Simply click on the report.gif icon that appears in the upper right corner of every post and follow the instructions.

Thanks.

Well done Walt....

Karen

Archived