So Mad We Booked 4 Night

shorbr

With the prices of air transportion, arriving one night prior to cruising, transportion to port site, this upcoming cruise that we booked has me in a tizzy. We should have booked a 7 night cruise...which is normally what we do. Initially we thought it would be a "cheapie" cruise because it is from Monday-Friday. Boy...those other two days really make a difference.

All this to say, I will never book a quickie again :(

With the prices of air transportion, arriving one night prior to cruising, transportion to port site, this upcoming cruise that we booked has me in a tizzy. We should have booked a 7 night cruise...which is normally what we do. Initially we thought it would be a "cheapie" cruise because it is from Monday-Friday. Boy...those other two days really make a difference.

All this to say, I will never book a quickie again :(

Maybe you could do a back to back on your cruise. We have done that before. We did four days on RCCL, got off the ship and got on a three day Carnval. We just had the porters take our bags over to the other ship.:D

What ever you do I'm sure you will have a great time.:)

Yeah those things can add up fast. But wouldn't you have those added costs with a 7 day?

I have done a few "cheapie cruises" that I go overboard with added excursions. So I feel your pain.

I think the added costs that we have incured would still be the same. But I know we will still have fun.

I won't do less than seven days, it's just too much of a pain to do the airport scene for three or four days on board. You no sooner unpack than you have to pack to leave. Having said that, we are planning on doing a three-day group cruise simply because we can take a group bus over there, thus eliminating the whole airport mess or drive/park hassle, and being with the group we can "start the party" on the way to the port, so to speak, thus stretching the cruise out a bit!

I won't do less than seven days, it's just too much of a pain to do the airport scene for three or four days on board. You no sooner unpack than you have to pack to leave. Having said that, we are planning on doing a three-day group cruise simply because we can take a group bus over there, thus eliminating the whole airport mess or drive/park hassle, and being with the group we can "start the party" on the way to the port, so to speak, thus stretching the cruise out a bit!

Yea, we are staying in Miami the day before so I guess we will starting partying then. There are 13 of us flying in from different locations and we will meet in Miami.

But we have all decided, NEVER to do less than seven days again. This is my celebration cruise for being a breast cancer survivor...so I am happy about that and will have a chance to be with my friends who were there for me during that time.

I'm getting ready to do a 3 day, and then later in the month a 4 day...Looking for other possible cruises later in the year, and would love to do a 7 day or longer, but I don't like asking family/friends to look out for my kids longer than a few days at a time...I think that's why some people opt for the shorter cruises, kids/jobs,( even if they're like me and have to fly into ports)...It's easier to ask my mother or my ex to have the kids for several long weekends throughout the year, then to hit them up for a week or two at a time, ( at least that's my experience with my family).

We just made final payment on our first five day and I had the same feelings. BUT, it is turning into many firsts, first five day, first balcony room, first junior suite, FIRST TIME CRUISING WITHOUT OUR KIDS, first time cruising with my mother-in-laws side of the family, FIRST AFT ROOM, first time on granduer.....

I'm just hoping that everything turns out well. I'm actually a basketcase about this and you all are going to have to suffer thread after thread about it LOL consider yourself warned ;)

Maybe you could do a back to back on your cruise. We have done that before. We did four days on RCCL, got off the ship and got on a three day Carnval. We just had the porters take our bags over to the other ship.:D

What ever you do I'm sure you will have a great time.:)

This is a good point... I was pricing for February and found that I could do a B2B 4and5 nighter (total of 9 nights) for less than the 7 nighter...

Yea, we are staying in Miami the day before so I guess we will starting partying then. There are 13 of us flying in from different locations and we will meet in Miami.

But we have all decided, NEVER to do less than seven days again. This is my celebration cruise for being a breast cancer survivor...so I am happy about that and will have a chance to be with my friends who were there for me during that time.

Congrats on beating breast cancer - personally, I think you should take a world cruise to celebrate.:D

Enjoy your vacation!

Kathy

Archived