Luggage Tag color question!

clerky96

Someone asked about the color of luggage tags for their cruise. That was an interesting question. Does NCL have the same colored tags for each deck throughout their whole fleet? Such as, are the luggage tags the same color on Deck 10 of every ship? We are cruising on the Jewel and are on deck 9. Anyone know what color those tags are? We have received our e-docs with the e-tags, and thought I might print them on the color of paper that the regular tags would be.

That said, I am going to wait until the week before our cruise to print them in case we get the regular tags through the mail.

Thanks.

I thought the colors were the same for the whole ship. I know I have been on different decks than others on my ship, and the colors were the same. Getting off they were different. I'm thinking maybe the priority is getting the luggage on the right ship.

Or maybe they were all different and I was too excited about getting my first Pina Colada to notice.:D

i think you are right...the color is for that ship. the numbers tell them what deck.

printing the ones with the edocs works...or do what i did last time, waited until i go to the docks and grab some there. (take a marker to fill them out). the ones on the docks are different from both the edocs ones and the colored ones, still go to my cabin on time.

this time i got my packet, with the colored luggage tags, about 2 weeks after final payment. last time i never got anything in the mail.

After receiving my E-docs luggage tags, I received another set in the mail which contained a different cabin number on each end of the tag (neither of which was my correct cabin number). Guess I'll use the e-docs luggage tags?

I actually did receive some in the mail for our cruise this Sunday (Spirit out of N.O.) I didn't think I had gotten anything, but there they were in a big pile of mail!

Anyway, we're on deck 10 and our luggage tags are blue...

Hope that helps!

-Sarah

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think choosing when you get off of the ship is part of the freestyle experience.

You are correct, however in order to prevent a mass exodus at one time on the dock, the color coded tags indicate the time when your luggage will be available to pick up on the dock...at least that's what they told us in Hawaii earlier this year. They also did it by deck, we were on deck 8 and our luggage tag color was green and we were allowed to disembark anytime after 9:30am.

So, what color are the Jewel luggage tags? Are they the same for every cruise? Wow, if they use the color to make sure the luggage gets on the correct ship, where will all the white e-tags go????:eek: :D

Thanks everyone!

So, what color are the Jewel luggage tags? Are they the same for every cruise? Wow, if they use the color to make sure the luggage gets on the correct ship, where will all the white e-tags go????:eek: :D

Thanks everyone!

I received luggage tags in the mail from NCL for our 12/16 Jewel sailing and the tags are a very pale pumpkin color.

Weird thing about my tags are that the last number of my cabin is missing, though it is shown on the edocs tags. I think the font size is too big and there wasn't enough room for the last number!!! I am just going to rewrite my cabin number on the colored ones.

Hope this helped

I received luggage tags in the mail from NCL for our 12/16 Jewel sailing and the tags are a very pale pumpkin color.

Weird thing about my tags are that the last number of my cabin is missing, though it is shown on the edocs tags. I think the font size is too big and there wasn't enough room for the last number!!! I am just going to rewrite my cabin number on the colored ones.

Hope this helped

The luggage tags I received for my 1/16/08 cruise were Pink and the last number of my cabin was also missing (doesn't seem like there's enough room?). Will also rewrite the correct number on those luggage tags.

when i call d NCL about the luggage tag s they had no idea there

was a mistake..so they send out 20,000 tag s and i hope they

get the same amount of call s..

anyway..i ask d to talk to documentation to make sure my cabin

number was correct..that it was ok to just mark in the correct

cabin number..

another cost cutting effort by NCL :confused:

when i call d NCL about the luggage tag s they had no idea there

was a mistake..so they send out 20,000 tag s and i hope they

get the same amount of call s..

anyway..i ask d to talk to documentation to make sure my cabin

number was correct..that it was ok to just mark in the correct

cabin number..

another cost cutting effort by NCL :confused:

I called NCL today also. The lady looked at my edocs and told me to look there to prove to me that the correct cabin is listed. When I asked her if a lot of people had called about the incomplete cabin number on the mailed out luggage tags......she said she hadn't had one call about this. Sure!!

I called NCL today also. The lady looked at my edocs and told me to look there to prove to me that the correct cabin is listed. When I asked her if a lot of people had called about the incomplete cabin number on the mailed out luggage tags......she said she hadn't had one call about this. Sure!!

I also called NCL, if only to verify my cabin hadn't been changed. I confirmed my original cabin and was told to use the luggage tags sent with the E-docs as they would not be sending me corrected luggage tags in the mail. They must have got plenty of calls.

• 3 months later...

Hope this helped

I believe the color to get on are all the same. Then they give you a different color when you are disembarking. On RCCL the various colors go by deck to some degree, but the suites get a different color and they are first off. At least that is how it has been in the past.

Archived