Hapmton Inn, Vancouver- comments?

JC in CA

Hi-

We are looking for a place to stay the night before our cruise out of Vancouver this coming June. There are 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) and would like 2 queen beds. There are a number of wonderful hotels- for $350-$400- just a bit rich for us. Does anyone know anything about the Hampton Inn, Vancouver? Price including tax will be just about $200 for the 4 of us- breakfast included.

thanks for any info anyone here can offer!

-JC in CA

Some of our friends from our Alaska Cruise in September, stayed there, and liked it. They also have a free shuttle to the cruise peir. We stayed at LeSoleil, which was very close to Canada Place. It was also very nice for about $200, but no breakfast and no shuttle.

JJ-

Thank you! I thought the price was good- especially with breakfast thrown in! I had heard that there was a free shuttle- but can't find anything about that on the Hampton's website- so I am glad to hear it from you! Every bit saved on the hotel can go into an excursion.

thanks!

-JC in CA

Hi-

We are looking for a place to stay the night before our cruise out of Vancouver this coming June. There are 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) and would like 2 queen beds. There are a number of wonderful hotels- for $350-$400- just a bit rich for us. Does anyone know anything about the Hampton Inn, Vancouver? Price including tax will be just about $200 for the 4 of us- breakfast included.

-JC in CA

We are considering this hotel also. Here is the Tripadvisor link with the reviews. It's overall review is 4.5 out of 5 starts. It seems to be at the end of all the action and is about a 15 minute walk to the main area of downtown and a 30-40 minute walk to Stanley Park. I think it suits our needs well. I am just waiting to hear from the others in our party. I went into sticker shock with the hotel prices in Vancouver

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g154943-d186788-r11097071-Hampton_Inn_Suites_Downtown_Vancouver-Vancouver_British_Columbia.html

Hi-

-JC in CA

When will you be in Vancouver?

There are a couple of Hop on/off trolley tours that take you around Vancouver, to all the main attractions, Stanley Park, Gas town, downtown etc.... I think it was around $30 per person. But I thought it was a good way to see everything and then be able to get off and look around and get back on.

• 1 year later...

The hotel is nice and in a quiet but convenient location. You may get a better rate at another hotel using Priceline or Hotwire. However the Hampton does have the free shuttle to the cruise teminal which will save you at least $10 and a free breakfast which will probably save you in the order of $10 pp. So at $178 it is pretty much a wash.:)

We stayed here in September 2008. Took a cab from the airport which was about $35 including tip. The front desk was very nice and helpful. The room and hallways were very clean. There is also free internet if you need to get on-line. Reserve your shuttle time when you arrive. We walked around and enjoyed some different areas of town the rest of the day. We booked the shuttle for 1:30 and were the only guests going to Canada Place.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn one night pre-cruise in July 2008 using Hilton Honors points. While it doesn't have a scenic view of anything other than BC Place - it is a very good value. The bus stop for the hop-on/hop-off bus was close by, and we walked to Gas Town and then to Canada Place to see our ship the morning of our cruise. We later picked up the HOHO bus in front of Canada Place and rode it around the city and back to our hotel. Breakfast was good, I took advantage of the free internet, and the free shuttle to Canada Place was most appreciated.

Archived