Noordam Cabin

MoreMilesPlease

I just received our cabin number from HAL. 4090 on the Noordam. This is showing as a handicap room with shower only. I guess i don't mind having just a shower but are there any concerns with the room location or that it is a handicap room? We have no need for a handicap room.

If anyone has any comments good or bad let me know so I can call HAL if need be.

Audrey

Your Cabin is located very close to the midship elevators which can be very handy.

The concern is that you (through no fault of your own) may be depriving someone who needs this type of cabin from having it. If you booked through Hal, I would call them and make them aware of the fact that you don't need this type of cabin and would not want to deprive someone of the opportunity to cruise on this sailing, by occupying it. If you booked through a TA you will have to call them to address it

Is your cabin a guarantee assignment for a cruise that is sailing soon? If that is the case I wouldn't worry that you've deprived a disabled person, because they know to book well in advance. HAL is just trying to fill it's cabins at the last minute. Can't blame 'em for that.

If, however, your cruise is still several months off, then yes, it would be fair to the disabled who might want to cruise, if you were to beg off that cabin.

A mid-ship cabin location on a Vista ship is nice, since it's a long walk to everything.

This is a guarantee for the Dec 22 cruise on the Noordam. We booked this directly through HAL back in March. I just want to make sure that there is nothing "wrong" with the room or location since it is handicap. We have absolutly no need for any type of handicap facilities.

Audrey

This is a guarantee for the Dec 22 cruise on the Noordam. We booked this directly through HAL back in March. I just want to make sure that there is nothing "wrong" with the room or location since it is handicap. We have absolutly no need for any type of handicap facilities.

Audrey

Should be a great cabin, if no one needs it for ADA reasons, then enjoy! :D

My sister booked a guarentee when we were on the Noordam last August. She was given a handicapped room also. She didn't feel comfortable accepting the room as neither her husband or herself needed the use of the ADA facilities.

She called HAL and expressed her unease with the room, they relocated her to a non handicapped room.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself which ever cabin you may be in. The Noordam is a wonderful ship.

Your Cabin is located very close to the midship elevators which can be very handy.

The concern is that you (through no fault of your own) may be depriving someone who needs this type of cabin from having it. If you booked through Hal, I would call them and make them aware of the fact that you don't need this type of cabin and would not want to deprive someone of the opportunity to cruise on this sailing, by occupying it. If you booked through a TA you will have to call them to address it

If HAL has GIVEN them that assignment, no one will be deprived.

If someone last minute contac ts and wants an accessible room, HAL re-evaluates the occupants of all their accessible rooms, and bumps to equal or higher at no extra cost to accomodate those with the need.

If HAL has GIVEN them that assignment, no one will be deprived.

If someone last minute contac ts and wants an accessible room, HAL re-evaluates the occupants of all their accessible rooms, and bumps to equal or higher at no extra cost to accomodate those with the need.

If that is consistantly so, then why did magictam have the experience quoted below?? :confused:

My sister booked a guarentee when we were on the Noordam last August. She was given a handicapped room also. She didn't feel comfortable accepting the room as neither her husband or herself needed the use of the ADA facilities.

She called HAL and expressed her unease with the room, they relocated her to a non handicapped room.

I read the post as saying Magictam's sister simply didn't want a handicap room and asked HAL to move them.

It looks like the cruise is pretty much sold out and no one needed that ADA room and HAL allocated it to us. As long as there is nothing very different from it and a non-handicap room we'll give it a go. I just didn't want to get there and find out it is missing furniture or something to make it accessable to a whellchair or something else.

Audrey

I read the post as saying Magictam's sister simply didn't want a handicap room and asked HAL to move them.

It looks like the cruise is pretty much sold out and no one needed that ADA room and HAL allocated it to us. As long as there is nothing very different from it and a non-handicap room we'll give it a go. I just didn't want to get there and find out it is missing furniture or something to make it accessable to a whellchair or something else.

Audrey

Audrey,

You're right, she didn't want an ADA room. Our cruise was also sold out when she made that request. I might be wrong, but I do believe a chair is taken out of the ADA rooms. I don't know if they put it back if a non handicapped individual is assigned the room.

I also should point out, that when we arrived at the port, she had been changed to yet another cabin. So all in all she had 3 different cabins assigned to her. All after the web site was saying the ship was sold out.

She started out w/an inside cabin guarentee, was given a ADA room w/particle obstruction, then changed to a outside non ADA room w/particle obstruction and final ended up with an outside room w/NO obstructions. She was very happy.

This was just an FYI in case you really felt uncomfortable with an ADA room you could contact HAl and see if they will change.

In any case, I'm sure will enjoy your cruise.

Archived