coral princess nov 2007 panama

verypoor

Just off the coral princess for 10 day panama cruise. It was our 7th princess and this ship had to be the best. Entertainment each night exceeded our expectations, staff was attentive all over the ship. It accommodated almost 2000 passengers and never seemed overcrowded. We were disappointed in docking is Ocho Rios and Cartagena Columbia, as we found them dirty and uninteresting. Some of the passengers liked some of the excursions, but I hope princess doesn,t have to do those ports. We liked Aruba, but didn,t have much time there. Grand Cayman was also nice. Hope this helps some people. Princess really shone this trip

This was actually the cruise I looked at to treat my parents. My mother's talked about the Panama Canal, and my father has mention doing some ports in South America. Unfortunately, neither would want Nicaragua or Guatamala (I know I spelled them wrong) so those itineraries are out.

We are doing this cruise the end of Jan. We have been to Ocho Rios and our experience there was great. We went to Dunns River Falls and opted just to go to the beach while others walked the Falls. We had a 'Great" tour guide who really knew her island. She made the difference!! We are really looking forward to Panama Canal and what it has to offer.

Thanks for the info. Have a good day.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Coral. She is my favorite ship of the fleet so far. Alot of people do not like Jamaica but the cruise highlight was the canal so glad you had a great time.

Marilyn

Glad you enjoyed the Coral and most of the cruise. We just returned Nov 10th from the same cruise.

My review is below in my signature if you would care to compare notes.

We, too, thought the production shows were outstanding. We always love Princess' production shows.

Thanks for writting about your cruises - looking forward to having the same pleasures of sailing on the Coral. I guess you did Grand Cayman instead of Costa Rica. Was there enough time to book tours? Hopefully, nobody prepaid for private tours in Costa Rica.

Last year on the Sea Princess, we had many gatherings onboard. At first, we were all the original group of posters, and a few readers. A couple came thinking that this was a "critics" gathering to bash the cruise. They were quickly told that it was not that kind of group. We made new friends and got to finally see who they were. Thanks for your review.

Just wanted to say that of all Central American countries, in our opinion Guatemala is the most beautiful. We've been there twice and still feel that way. To miss it is a real shame! It's even prettier than Costa Rica and that's hard to beat. Maybe you can change your parents' minds!:)

For all of you who just got off the Coral, how was the food? A few other posters said that the food wasn't so good recently. We were on this ship two years ago and it was pretty good.

We are taking the Coral on the Panama transit trip and hopefully the food will be as good as it was on the Emerald which we were on in June. Love to hear if you all had happy tummies on your cruise on the Coral.:)

Archived