Foodies?

fenreed

Just been looking at a few posts in the Foodies section of the Fun board. Some of those posts about various menus that folks have experienced cruising with other lines fill one with trepidation! Pleased that I didn't find one that cited Cunard dining as lacking though!

Any comments?

Pete

Just been looking at a few posts in the Foodies section of the Fun board. Some of those posts about various menus that folks have experienced cruising with other lines fill one with trepidation! Pleased that I didn't find one that cited Cunard dining as lacking though!

Any comments?

Pete

What was the matter with the other menus, Pete? You've got me on pins and needles now, wondering what you came across!

Any comments?

Pete

Pete,

I am answering with some trepidation on the basis of a single cruise, and I have no doubt that many others will provide more informative answers than this. However, in the course of a sixteen day cruise, I can say with absolute certainty that, whilst I may on the odd occasion have eaten individual meals that were better than some that I had in the Mauretania restaurant, I have never eaten food of such a consistently high standard over such an extended period. I found the Mauretania menus to be varied and extremely enjoyable - not once did I have any difficulty finding a choice that appealed to me and the food was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. The portions (particularly at dinner) were of a sensible size so you could enjoy the menu to the full without feeling that you had eaten to excess. I'm a bit of a breakfast fanatic and the breakfast menus were phenomenal.

The service was truly sublime (at least at our table - I can't speak for all of them) and our waiters were friendly without being overly familiar. In many ways the waiters made the cruise for us. In fact, I looked forward to the meals as much for the chat with Greg and Henry as for the food itself. Can't wait to get back on there again and "get stuck in"

Jimmy

Why the face? It's delicious stewed with either prunes or beer!

I'm with M-L. I don't see a problem with rabbit either:) (Although given the choice I'd go for jugged hare).

The biggest problem I've ever had with a Cunard menu is that there are just too many choices I'd like. I don't ever remember thinking that they'd put something odd on the menu.

I'm with M-L. I don't see a problem with rabbit either:) (Although given the choice I'd go for jugged hare).

The biggest problem I've ever had with a Cunard menu is that there are just too many choices I'd like. I don't ever remember thinking that they'd put something odd on the menu.

Don't forget that the Grill menu has the whole a la carte as well. Some of that is gorgeous.......

Matthew

Lacking, the word, was that person and/or peoples opinion.

Just.

Food is a personal choice as is there taste. Even in wine and other beverages we all have our opinions. And none are faulty just there own.

Food is as Love and Life are.. what we make of it...

:eek:

Food is as Love and Life are.. what we make of it...

Any comments?

Pete

if there's something different on the menu i'd go for it and i'm normally fussy at home. being on the ship seems to make me want to try anything i haven't had before. just ask the wine waiter what he thinks would be nice with the food and you're away. a blue steak and chips for me is the best but you can have that anywhere.

glenn.

Archived