Bad reviews

I personally think your cruise is as good as you want it to be. I wrote a great review for the Ecstasy for our November sailing and have seen many negatives for the same sailing. There will always be different opinions. I could have pointed out the bad but focused on the good. I was sick for a day because of the motion but that was no ones fault. As soon as I felt better I let the good times roll!!!

:eek:

You will have a great time if you want to. A vacation is what you make of it.

We are also from Southern MN as well and under about 6 inches of snow and ice. Nothing makes you want to cruise more if you ask me!

:cool: Hey there - got you beat, 14 inches of snow and -21 but what do you expect up here in the great white north. We cruise in Feb on the Liberty and it can't come too soon. Like everyone before us, I suggest keep an open mind - it's a good bang for your buck. Maybe she did have a bad experience and it is her right to say so but the ship rocking - it's like the people at resorts compaining because there is seaweed in the ocean.

Happy cruising.

We are going on the Triumph for the second time, and I cant wait. We had a wonderful time on the ship met many great people cruisers and staff alike.

As others have said your vacation is what you make of it, I dont let the little things bother me, Heck i am on a cruise after all :D

Its hard to make everyone happy. You have to take reviews with a grain of salt...some people will never be happy. I just read the most recent review for my next cruise, Inspiration, and if I based it on that...I wouldnt want to go. A positive attitude will make for a good cruise...no matter what. Just enjoy your cruise.

Wow Alysha only 374 days to go! I booked 180 days ahead and I think my head is going to explode in anticipation! Good for you

Well actually, I have a Disney cruise booked for January but I didn't add it to my signature because it's a surprise for my daughter's 10th birthday. She looks at these boards a lot. I also wondered why there is never much posted on CC for Disney and I just found their board. But I don't like it much because so many people there totally trash Carnival and I really love Carnival. How was the Glory?

About the hamburger that the woman was not allowed to touch:

On our recent cruise on the Miracle, there was a section in Horatio's each evening that was reserved for the kids in Club Carnival. Our son saw some hamburgers on a buffet area nearby, asked for one, and was told that those bugers were for the Club Carnival kids. No big deal. He just went around to the grill and got a hamburger there. This could have been the situation the woman encountered.

I feel bad for her. Her personal circumstances must have been making her miserable, and that was reflected in her whole view of the cruise. No cruise is perfect, and most of us experience times when the service, food, staff or entertainment could be better. But we overlook the small things, savor the many wonderful things, and we have a great time! :D

I read all the way to, "We will never..........." And thought, another meaningless cruise from hell review. Don't know what else she had to say, don't care. Glad I don't know her. DO KNOW that thousands of people on that same sailing on that same ship had the time of their lives.

Don't read reviews. You have to make up your own mind anyway.

Dan

How was the Glory?

It was our first cruise in 25 years of marriage and since we booked another cruise 6 months later you could probably guess we loved it.:D The rear dining room (Platinum, I think) had a noticeable up and down motion IMO, so this time we requested the forward dining room

Btw Don't worry about your daughter finding out. I mean, how could a 10 year old know how to use the internet :) :) :)

I read this review for the Triumph from 11-07 (we will be aboard her in Jan.) Now while I am sure she did not have a good time and nothing is perfect, shoud anyone take anything useful from this?

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbeanpixel.gifThis was my husband and I's third cruise. We were celebrating our 5 year anniversary. We sailed with Royal Caribbean on our prior two cruises, and I must say that I wish we would have went with them. We will never cruise Carnival again.

The service was terrible. Our waiter at dinner was not friendly, he never even asked our names. He got the food wrong. From my previous cruises, I expected happy, helpful cruise employees on board and this wasn't what we received. The bar staff looked utterly miserable. The only good service we received was from the room steward - he was great.

The first issue was when I booked they assured me there was plenty of room in the 6:15 dinner seating. When we got on board, they had us for 8:30. It was awful trying to get it changed. They explained that they moved us b/c there were over 900 kids on board. So anyone who booked without kids was moved to the later seating. This really upset me. I have low blood sugar and cannot eat at 9 at night. They finally agreed to change us, but many others were not able to. So there were many guests really upset about this. We attempted getting pictures onboard taken, but after the first night - we didn't anymore b/c the photographers were rude and hateful. I wanted to stand on a certain side of my husband b/c my dress was beaded nicely and I wanted it to show. They absolutely refused. They made me stand on the opposite side. So needless to say - I did not get any more taken nor did I buy that picture. One night we decided to eat the buffet instead of the sit down dinner. They only had roast beef to choose from. On Royal Caribbean they always had a wide selection of meats. Well I do not like roast beef. So I saw a hamburger. I reached down to get it and this woman from Carnival actually slapped me on the wrist and told me I could NOT have the hamburger. She said they were for kids only. I nicely explained that I do not like roast beef and may I please have a hamburger instead. She yelled at me and refused to let me. She stood there and guarded the hamburgers until my husband and I left the dining room. I was shocked and appalled at this. And I have been on two prior cruises and NEVER felt the boat rock. This boat rocked constantly. Our bed literally tilted every night, which made for a miserable night's sleep.

So basically it was one thing after the other. The food was awful. The service was terrible. I was in tears halfway through the trip and was ready to come home so bad. When we docked on Saturday I was never so happy to see my car as I was at that time.

Also - the bar prices and picture prices were more expensive than Royal Caribbean.

The positives: - The Room steward was wonderful! - San Juan Puerto Rico was lovely. - The water at Half Moon Cay was absolutely gorgeous. It was crystal clear. - I met some lovely people aboard the ship (other passengers). - The interior stateroom was a decent size. Bigger than others one I have been in on other boats. - The magic show was really good. PORTS I give St Thomas, Half Moon Cay, and San Juan two thumbs up. I did not like Grand Turk. The only thing that was there was a crowded, over priced Jimmy Buffets. Turks and Caicos is not worth seeing.

redcarat.gifPublication Date: 11/27/07

It was a decent review. She gave good and bad highlights of her experience. The only thing that jumped out at me was an employee smacking her wrists when she reached for a hamburger. I hope with all my heart that isn't true...although I have no reason to doubt her story. Because that is the exact moment that this would no longer be an acceptable cruise for me and I wouldn't stop complaining until either she or I were off the ship.

It was a decent review. She gave good and bad highlights of her experience. The only thing that jumped out at me was an employee smacking her wrists when she reached for a hamburger. I hope with all my heart that isn't true...although I have no reason to doubt her story. Because that is the exact moment that this would no longer be an acceptable cruise for me and I wouldn't stop complaining until either she or I were off the ship.

Maybe she meant slapped at or shooed away.. Maybe the server was trying to shoo away and the OP moved her hands..

Yes and there is more coming today!!! YYYIIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE Well we are almost neighbors I live in Olmstead. To bad we where not on the same ship we could talk about how we do not want to come back to MN

Good afternoon fellow Minnesotans and neighboring.

We are sailing in 3...count them 3 days !!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get on the Carnival Triumph. Have heard both good and bad, but we are going to have good. Are you kidding....we have 18 inches of new snow, still snowing going to get 4 more...another storm on the way tonight...more on Sat eve, but we'll be on the ship by then....OMG we can't wait. :D We can always come back and enjoy our wonderful wiinter weather, but for 1 week, we are going to be in paradise, and enjoying a great ship.

Good afternoon fellow Minnesotans and neighboring.

We are sailing in 3...count them 3 days !!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get on the Carnival Triumph. Have heard both good and bad, but we are going to have good. Are you kidding....we have 18 inches of new snow, still snowing going to get 4 more...another storm on the way tonight...more on Sat eve, but we'll be on the ship by then....OMG we can't wait. :D We can always come back and enjoy our wonderful wiinter weather, but for 1 week, we are going to be in paradise, and enjoying a great ship.

Are you flying out the day ahead or did you get the air from carnival. I'm envious as I'm looking at the snow fall...wish I was cruising soon!

Nope winging it Sat am....that is how Carnival does it, I guess, (Booked through local TA & she was talking to a Carnival rep.)

Staying a night in Mpls, quick stop at MOA, getting some sleep for the early flight at 8am, then should be in Miami 12:30pm.....wish us luck....:p

I bet you could get a cabin real reasonable this close to sailing.....;)

Y'all are feezing me!

It's 65 degrees here today and I thought I was going to die! I actually had to pull out my coat.

Yesterday it was 75 and we were wearing shorts!

I don't think this Savannah, Ga girl would make it in MN!

Brrrrrrr! That's all I've got to say about that!

Sorry to highjack, I was just freezing reading about all the snow (whatever that is lol)!

Sorry, I don't buy any of this. We've been on 16 cruises in the past 15 years with number 17 coming up in February ON THE TRIUMPH and I find any of what the reviewer said just a bit hard to swallow. Slapped on the wrist by a Carnival employee?????? I highly doubt it. In all my cruises, I have never once been denied anything by a crew member (except a Captain's polite refusal to let me navigate the ship, but that's another story). To the contrary, they generally have gone out of their way to accommodate my wishes and desires. I for one am looking forward to Triumph and having a wonderful time - as I always do.

You will have a great time if you want to. A vacation is what you make of it.

i can t believe this..after reading some of the review s i ve come to the

conclusion that many people will sit onboard intent on having a lousy

time..and expect everyone to cater to their every whim in order for them

to enjoy themselve s..

..i ve learn d that in life..you don t piss off the cook, your mechanic or dentist:confused:

and it was base d on some legitimate review s that i chose the Triumph to

sail on..:p

After reading all the replies I decided to post.

I went on the Triumph and loved it. It was my favorite cruise. Everything was excellent. This cruise was during the Dec 05 tusnami (how ever you spell it) and the sea was awful. People were vomiting all over the ship. But that wasn't Carnival's fault. Carnival tried their best to make it as comfortable as possible. One night the seas were to rough for the dancers to preform. The cruise director got on stage and entertained the guest. The cruise director sang, danced, and put on an excellent show. Hats off to the crew of the Triumph during the Christmas day cruise of 2005.

After reading all the replies I decided to post.

I went on the Triumph and loved it. It was my favorite cruise. Everything was excellent. This cruise was during the Dec 05 tusnami (how ever you spell it) and the sea was awful. People were vomiting all over the ship. But that wasn't Carnival's fault. Carnival tried their best to make it as comfortable as possible. One night the shows were cancelled due to rough seas. So the cruise director entertained the passengers by singing and dancing. Hats off to the crew of the Triumph during the Christmas day cruise of 2005.

I just read a review that a guy will never sail carnival again because some rude passenger pushed his wife to get off the ship and they almost got into a fight.

I feel for the guy because I hate outright rudeness but I guess because of another passengers actions I can't say I'd never again cruise with Carnival!!

How they blame bad passengers on the Cruise line is beyond me.

the slapping hamburger woman,,,huh,,,,,boats tipping,,,,huh,,,,,,carnival workers yelling at her,,,huh,,,they wanted her to stand a certain way for pictures,and they refused to take the pictures,,,,,,well,,all i can say is i hope i don't meet her down the road on a cruise,,,,,like most people have commented on,,,,,NOTHING will make her happy no matter what a cruise line will do for her,,,,,too much of it i think is overblown and possibly made up,,,,,who knows,,,,,im a diehard rcl cruiser,,,and in 29 days im going on my first carnival miracle cruise,,,,and ive been told here and there (oh its not as nice as rcl,,,u might be dissappointed),,,,ummmmm oh well that will be my problem,,,,its what you make of it,,ive read alot of carnival's comments from all of you who have gone on it,,,and i think it's gonna be awesome,alot of great things have been said about carnival,,,,i think the radience of the seas from rcl was the best ship ive ever been on,,,,,but again if you read their comments,,,,not all is perfect,,,,so everybody is different,,,,,you could put me 10 foot row boat,,,,as long as i have the ocean,,,80 degree weather,,,,and sights of palm trees,,,,,,im happy,,,,,im from frozen motown right now,,,,there is ice,snow and jack frost kicking some you know what up here,,,,so i will make it the best i can,,,,nothing in this world is perfect,,,,we make it what it is,,,,,folks keep the great comments about carnival comming,,,cause im getting excited the more i read.....cruise onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

When I was writing my review of my November 17 cruise, I deliberately chose not to mention the few minor negatives. I didn't let them bother me at the time, and they were just too insignificant to bring up later. I wanted to focus on the positive because that's how I want to remember this vacation.

I did pay attention to the reviews before I cruised - both the positive and the negative - and I used them to avoid situations that wouldn't please me. It worked. I had a very good time.

I remember a 3 days RCL cruise I took that I went on with a bad attitude. Not surprisingly, I didn't have a good time. I learned my lesson.

Archived