Celebrity...here I come !

Captain Funtime

Please dis-regard my previous post - I stumbled upon the other thread with the problem discussed. Suggestion - I always print out the page with the lowered price on it - have actually faxed it to my pvp to prove I saw the cabin at the lowered price. The prices change so quickly during the day, by the time the pvp looks it up, it may have raised. We had this happen on our upcoming Freedom cruise. The price changed so quickly, my pvp and Carnival's supervisors said they never saw the change, and wouldn't honor my lower price. Luckily, I had the printout from the Carnival web site, and faxed it over. Got a call within 1/2 hour that they would honor the lower price. (was only $40 lower, but what the heck)

Given the " I really don't much care " attitude I experienced with Carnival's PVP supervisors I think my 12.10 cruise will be my last on Carnival or their partners. So much for being a platinum vip.

You will look out of place in that funnel mask on a Celebrity ship. :eek:

Please dis-regard my previous post - I stumbled upon the other thread with the problem discussed. Suggestion - I always print out the page with the lowered price on it - have actually faxed it to my pvp to prove I saw the cabin at the lowered price. The prices change so quickly during the day, by the time the pvp looks it up, it may have raised. We had this happen on our upcoming Freedom cruise. The price changed so quickly, my pvp and Carnival's supervisors said they never saw the change, and wouldn't honor my lower price. Luckily, I had the printout from the Carnival web site, and faxed it over. Got a call within 1/2 hour that they would honor the lower price. (was only $40 lower, but what the heck)

The upside of booking with Carnival directs is if you see a lower price at 4am, you can get on the phone and speak with anyone to get the price adjusted. I would never email,call or fax a PVP in that case.

I love cruising on Celebrity, but their customer service isn't so terrific. Infact the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing. Drives me nuts. The only way I get anything accomplished or any information is going through the Captains Club. And they haven't been able to answer any near the number of questions as my PVP was able to answer. Just remember the grass is always greener on the other side...Until you go to the other side.

Just ask anyone who has had to deal with canceled or potentially canceled cruises as they try and get any information out of Celebrity. They need to come to these boards to get the truth or the information about how to.

Three cheers for Celebrity. If you haven't cruised them before, it may be a bit of culture shock. Absolutely the best food and service. Also, guests that understand courtesy and social graces. Especially knowing how to dress for the occaision. You probably won't find guests yelling half way accross the ship to friends. And the pizza is almost as good as Carnival.

Kelz66..... I have thought about that...

I am not worried about looking out of place on Celebrity. Think of all the kids who will want a picture of me..... move over Santa !

I have sailed Celebrity less than Carnival but have found them to be very good.

I guess this cruise will be lucky 13 .

:)

Given the " I really don't much care " attitude I experienced with Carnival's PVP supervisors I think my 12.10 cruise will be my last on Carnival or their partners. So much for being a platinum vip.

Hear Hear - that was part of our reason for branching out. Though we have not left Carnival entirely - they are "just the ticket" sometimes. Perhaps it's time again for you to sail on the Century.... I am thinking of a Valentine's day sailing... a nice 4 day weekend, returning on President's day. PERFECT! :D We are definitely looking forward to 2/14/08!

Tom

In the past 7 years, we have cruised on Royal C. 4 times, Celebrity 3, Carnival 1, getting ready for 2nd Carnival. Loved all ships for different reasons. Some posters (not on this board) had us afraid to try Carnival; we cruised Carnival Liberty in June and it was great. We are 55 yrs young, live in KY. I am sure there can be problems on any cruise, as there can on any vacation. Enjoy!

Hear Hear - that was part of our reason for branching out. Though we have not left Carnival entirely - they are "just the ticket" sometimes. Perhaps it's time again for you to sail on the Century.... I am thinking of a Valentine's day sailing... a nice 4 day weekend, returning on President's day. PERFECT! :D We are definitely looking forward to 2/14/08!

Tom

I have always said I intend to sail them all before my final debarkation!! :)

I am not worried about looking out of place on Celebrity. Think of all the kids who will want a picture of me..... move over Santa !

I have stories about simply wearing a Carnival shirt on a non Carnival cruise line. :eek:

I have stories about simply wearing a Carnival shirt on a non Carnival cruise line. :eek:

Ohhh...do tell.

I just read a post about Seaborn and how the passengers were fussing about someone who dared to wear a t-shirt from an island (or some such ordinary thing that a cruiser would do) on board the ship during the day! :eek:

Archived