Different Back-to-Back question

I have read most of the back-to-back threads and have not come upon my situation yet. I am getting ready to book the Sovereign for a 3 & 4 day back to back. I will be traveling with my husband for the 4 day portion and a group of girlfriends for the 3 day portion as a birthday present.

I have heard that when you do a back to back, some cruisers have been able to stay on board while others have had to disembark and then were allowed right back on. Since I am traveling with 2 different cabinmates, does it make a difference? Will I have to disembark completely with luggage and then reembark later with everyone else?

Hope this makes sense and I hope someone out there has an answer or at least some advice.

Thanks

Sounds like a great trip.

On disembarkation day of the first leg of your trip you will meet the Guest Relations Manager or a member of his staff and they will walk you through customs and check in. You will be given your new Seapass card, taken to security for a new photo and then you are free to enjoy the ship. Generally takes about five minutes.

As long as you are in the same cabin, you will NOT need to pack luggage or carry anything off the ship except your ID. We print a SetSail for both legs of a B2B but have never been asked for the second one. Others on the boards will tell you differently, so be prepared and have it with you when you get your new SeaPass card.

Bon Voyage.

The process is the same for you whether you have a new travel partner or not. Just be sure that you print out separate Set Sail passes so that you don't have to go through check in together. I did a B2B on Monarch with a friend the first leg and DH the second leg. In LA you have to disembark, check in for the new leg and wait for general boarding to begin. The other B2Bers (who were also changing roommates) waited 30 minutes to an hour to reboard; I went home to get some new clothes and came back about 1:00. DH boarded about 2:00.

Have fun!

Archived