The Odysses' First T/A!

B-2-Bs Best!

Tony & Trevor

Those arriving in Malaga a day or two before Oct. 30th can see us sail in ~~(I know of several that plan to spend a few days in Malaga prior, Oct 31st)

And yes, Captain Geir-Arne accepted our invitation this morning to join us at the Molina Lario for our Tapas/cocktail party! I also invited him to bring a few of his Spirit Bridge Boys ~~

Hope all is well across the big pond!

MB

Tony

The Molina Lario Hotel is also in Old Town and within walking distance of the Don Curo Hotel. I believe the Molina Lario is located on "Molina Lario Street" ~~

I had googled a number of spots for us to meet for Tapas and the M.L. has a courtyard serving cocktails. Just thought it would be comfortable and airy ~~~

MB

• 2 weeks later...

Odyssey TA Sailor's,

As I will be contacting the Molina Lario Hotel next week to make reservations for the Oct. 30th Tapas/Cocktails party

please post if you are planning to attend. I thought a good

time to meet might be early evening ~~

Thanks!:D

Martita B.

Shelagh

I'll be contacting the Molina Lario as to our reservations for our pre-Cross Celebration and have added your names.

Again, thank you SO much for offering to bring the highball glass! As I mentioned, I have a great "item" for you and will bring it to the party. (NO it's not your Captain Geir-A. ~~but he is joining us)

I have always wanted to draw names at the Sail Away (on Crossings) for "your Secret Sailor Pal" ~~then thru' out the voyage surprise your secret pal with small gifts, little kindness's, etc. The evening before we disembark we would all meet and reveal our secret pal names ~~~

I've thought this would be a fun "extra" event for the Crossings.:p

Martita B.

Sailor's

As there are a dozen of us staying at the Don Curro Hotel (Sancha de Lara 7) in Malaga let's meet late afternoon (6:30) in the Lounge Bar at the Don Curro.I've done extensive research and it seems no restaurants/bars will take reservations ~~sooo it will be easier to meet at the Don Curro. So far our Oct. 30th party/get together list is 18.

I have a count of 33 Odyssey TA Crosser's ~~we'll be wearing "something" orange at the Malaga Sail-a-bration!

Happy weekend!:D

Martita B.

• 1 month later...

Odyssey Oct. 31st Crossers

As mentioned on a previous post, let's meet 10/30 at the Don Curo Hotel around 6:30 pm for cocktails/tapas. If we all don an orange clothing item this will be an easy way of identifying one another.

Unfortunately Capt. Geir-Arne's plans have changed (he stays on the Legend) so he won't be able to attend our pre-festivities, Oct. 30th. I'll disembark the Spirit early afternoon (Oct. 30th) and will check in at the Don Curo.

Looking forward to meeting and being with all of you!:p

Martita B.

Just a little bit off topic!

Welcome back Martha; we missed you!

So you will leave the Spirit just before we will do the Spirit crossing? (To be more "on topic" again...).

Too bad for you that capt. G-A won't come to your party, but maybe you could invite the "other" captain?

Have a nice weekend!

Marja

Marja

Thanks for good wishes!

Yes, I board the Spirit in Rome, Oct. 24th ~~cruise down the Spanish Coast to Malaga. I'll leave the ship 1 day early (Spirit will continue on to Lisbon) then board the Odyssey, Oct. 31st for the TA to Ft. Lauderdale.

Not sure as to either Spirit Captain that will be aboard in Oct.....

Perhaps I will invite him (whomever) to come join our group at the Don Curro the evening of Oct. 30th. The ship won't sail until 11pm.

It's been scorching hot in Texas this week! A whoppin' 110 down in South Texas ~~only 105 in West Texas.

Enjoy your weekend!

M

Odyssey Oct. 31st Crossers

As mentioned on a previous post, let's meet 10/30 at the Don Curo Hotel around 6:30 pm for cocktails/tapas. If we all don an orange clothing item this will be an easy way of identifying one another.

Unfortunately Capt. Geir-Arne's plans have changed (he stays on the Legend) so he won't be able to attend our pre-festivities, Oct. 30th. I'll disembark the Spirit early afternoon (Oct. 30th) and will check in at the Don Curo.

Looking forward to meeting and being with all of you!:p

Martita B.

We'll be there Martita, along with "the glass" and hopefully something orange!!

With regard to your question re the captain of the Spirit we understand that this will be the present Staff Captain on the Odyssey (Magnus Bengtsson)

Shelagh

Shelagh

Again, many thanks for your bringing "the glass" ~~I'm bringing your special Seabourn surprise!

And thanks for the update on the Spirit Captain. I'm not sure if I've sailed with Staff Capt. Bengtsson ~~ (can not recall his face)

Have a great weekend!

MB

Tony & Trevor

Yes, Captain Dexter will be at the Odyssey TA helm ~~also Vitor Alves will be the Hotel Manager (Vitor was aboard the Pride Castle for many years) Haven't checked as to the Maitre'D in the dining room or any of the Bridge Boy's that will Cross with us. I'm sure there will be numerous interesting lecturers aboard.

Looking forward to being with you ~~I think we'll have a grrreat group on the Crossing!

Martita B.

Tony

Any orange clothing item ~~shirt, sweater (pullover or cardigan) cap, hat, sunglasses, etc. On Oct. 30th at the Don Curro Hotel the "orange item" will identify us ~~there will be Sailor's attending that haven't met one another ~~more attractive than a name tag! ha ha

Have a good weekend!

M

On Oct. 31st in Malaga these ships will be in port:

Odyssey passenger occp.: 450

MSC Opera : 2,055

Aurora: 1,870

Celebrity Zenith: 1,374

I'm keeping fingers X'ed as to our Pier/Dock space. Last Oct. the Pride's parking spot was far, far from the Malaga Terminal. The dock is being rebuilt and it was very inconvenient for those that needed a Taxi ~~cabs were not allowed on the Dock. I solved the problem by hitchin' a ride to the Terminal with the Port Agent who happened to be visiting with the Pride's Purveyor.

MB

Archived