The Odysses' First T/A!

B-2-Bs Best!

Martita, That whole concept sounds heavenly! I can't wait.

I'm not great at trivia, so I don't usually play;but when Seabourn holds the music trivia contest,I'm excellent!

So if any of the teams need a music trivia player, I'm your girl!

Denise

I'll ask David E. to have a "Name That Tune" contest one evening. Let's form a good team and WIN! I know of a few Crosser's that are excellent "tune players" ~~I'll ask them to come join us! Yippee

The "tune" contest is always very popular aboard the Sister Crossings ~~

MB

I'm thrilled! :p That will be a highlight for me.

Im a shy person, but have been known to exhibit a killer instict when playing music trivia.;)

Thanks for setting this up. I'm so looking forward to this trip.

Denise

There are a number of Crosser's flying into Malaga on Oct 28th.

Some staying at the Don Curro....some staying at the Parador (a ways out of town) JB and I won't disembark the Spirit until after lunch on the 30th ~~we plan on coming straight to the Don Curro.

Also, did you contact Marbelling transfer?

Oh and please don't forget to wear an orange item of clothing to the pre-crossing party at the Don Curro Hotel ~~the orange will identify you when we meet in the lounge. At present I think I have around 32 coming to our "cocktail affair" ~~I am inviting Spirit Captain Magnus and Nick Hale, CD to come ashore and join us! (the Spirit doesn not sail until 11 pm)

Are you excited, yet?:eek:

MB

Miss Pinkie,

Let us not forget "Liar's Club," always a scream on the triplets! The words are so obscure (not in any dictionary) and the answers from the panel of 4 are so over-the-top outrageous that we are keeling over with laughter. The Club is always packed with SRO and is very popular on the triplets. It will be interesiting to see how it is handled on Odyssey.

John Barron who is the cruise director on the Odyssey at the moment is doing liars Club and Captain Dexter is a keen competitor.

Everything is now controlled by the cruise director and he is assisted by those that many of you know.Marla is on at the moment and will be joined by David E.There is a very nice assistant cruise director onboard called Handre,he is from South Africa and is a pianist and composer.Barry Hopkins will be onboard for the world cruise after a well earned break.John,Barry and Handre are all ex Regent entertainment staff.

Thanks John for the information ~

I've been wondering about the day and evening activities during the Crossing. Since this is the 1st Odyssey 10 days at sea I didn't know if it would be the same or totally different from the Sister Crossings.

I agree as to Capt. Dexter being a very good "liar!" I've seen him in action and he can sure tell some "big ones!" (I always cheat and get up a team of 'often and 'oletime sailors that know the words ~~ha ha)

MB

Great news as to Marla being aboard. After reviewing the Staff that will be on the Odyssey Crossing it will almost seem like 'old times Crossing on the P:Dride! I was thrilled to hear Dr Herra and Nursey Elisabeth will be with us.

Still no word as to the restaurant Maitre'D ~~

MB

Great news as to Marla being aboard. After reviewing the Staff that will be on the Odyssey Crossing it will almost seem like 'old times Crossing on the P:Dride! I was thrilled to hear Dr Herra and Nursey Elisabeth will be with us.

Still no word as to the restaurant Maitre'D ~~

MB

Karl Eckle is the Maitre'd at the moment.He has just returned from a ten day break.Kevin did the honours whilst Karl was away.

Denise

The Crossing's are truly magical......one reason has to be the guests.

Most are seasoned Blue Water sailors and enjoy being on the ocean.

Most Crossing guests are fun folks, kind to one another and considerate. This is not always true aboard a ship.

We stay busy as bumble bees ~~many passengers plan private parties ~~cocktail and dinner. There are lots of ship activities if one wants to join in. Some prefer to lay low ~~read, relax and do nothing ~~on some TA Crossing's there are guests that seldom come out of their suites ~~I'm very social so don't understand their choosing to stay "cooped up." ~~but "each to his own."

I know you'll love what we call, "those lazy, hazy, crazy sea days!"

The Sailor's that I know who will be aboard are grrrreat ~~ I so look forward to being with them.

Look forward to a few most grand days doin' just what YOU want to do!

That's one of the secrets of a Transatlantic Voyage!:D

See 'ya in Oct.!

MB

Thank you for the beautiful way you expressed your feelings / experiences onboard YOUR Seabourn Crossings.......you certainly hi-lighted the wonderful moments while at sea....magical, fun, interesting & oh so Martha!!!!!

Hugs from NYC ...

Awww yes, dear Karl!

Human interest story:

When our friend Herman Diaz was aboard the Pride years ago Karl was a new waiter in the dining room. Herman called him over to his table.....looked at him and said, "Son, let me tell you that one day you're going to be up there as the Maidre'D. (Karl was scared to death of Mr. Diaz) Karl leaned down and replied "Oh Mr. Diaz, how do you know this.......Herman said to him, "well son, I simply see it in your eyes." ~~~~and Karl did become the Maitre'D!!! AND moved right on up.:D As I was one of Herman's closest friends, his nephews mailed me Herman's Seabourn items after his death. Among the box was Herman's 1st Tiffany Club pin. Last year aboard the Pride, I presented this Club pin to Karl. We cried together ~~~months later, President Pam noticed Karl was wearing a Club pin. She inquired as to why and ask Karl where he got it. He told her the "Herman story" ~~~ She replied to him, "Karl, keep wearing Herman's pin.":p

It's a warm and comforting feeling to be apart of our Seabourn family.

Thanks for the information, John

Martita B.

John

As Herman (Mr. Seabourn as he was called) and Karl became very closest of friends.....in fact, Herman considered Karl as his only son.

Everytime I see Karl I, of course, think of Herman A. Diaz.

Herman's picture, so handsome in his formal wear, travels the globe today up in the Bridge of the Pride.

MB

Hi all

We are going to be first time cruisers on Seabourn, taking the Transatlantic on Oct 31 out of Malaga.

How difficult is it to rent a car when we arrive in Ft Lauderdale. Someone told me that there are not any rental agencies in the port. How do you organise a rental car to meet the ship?

As a green 'Brit' I would welcome any advice.

I am not sure if you can arrange to have a rental car and agent meet the ship. I think the uncertanties of disembarkation times are some of the reasons. However, the airport is very close by, so you can get a cab to the rental agency there. That's how I have done it.

alpaca

Probably catch a Taxi to a car rental agency in Ft Lauderdale from the Port Everglades terminal. I think you could "google" a convenient one.

Oh, will you be staying the night of Oct. 30th in Malaga? If so, please come join the "Crossing" Sailor's at the Don Curro Hotel (Old Town) for cocktails and Tapas (an easy Dutch treat) ~~we plan on meeting around 6:30 pm ~~and we'll wear an orange item of clothing to be identifed. We would love to have you. Come meet some of your fellow shipmates before you board!:p

Martita B.

Probably catch a Taxi to a car rental agency in Ft Lauderdale from the Port Everglades terminal. I think you could "google" a convenient one.

I agree with this option. The port is basically adjacent to the airport. You might want to call the leading Car Rental companies, i.e. Hertz, Avis, National, Budget. One of them might send a shuttle.

Archived