Flight change will I make it!!!

premiumrican

I just checked my flight reservation on AA from LAX to JFK after our Golden Princess Mexican Cruise. Originally the flight was to leave at 2:00 pm. Well to my surprise, now the flight leaves at 12 noon. So far the Golden will be the only ship in the Port of LA. What are my chances of catching this flight. I can't qualify for self disembark we are carrying to much luggage to do that.

Based on your arrival time in port, you should be en route to the airport by 8:45 and quite possibly 8:15.

We had a 1 pm flight and we were sitting in at the gate at 10 am. (Those who got caught in the pier evacuation say they were delayed an hour, so just hope that nothing like that happens to your cruise.)

I just checked my flight reservation on AA from LAX to JFK after our Golden Princess Mexican Cruise. Originally the flight was to leave at 2:00 pm. Well to my surprise, now the flight leaves at 12 noon. So far the Golden will be the only ship in the Port of LA. What are my chances of catching this flight. I can't qualify for self disembark we are carrying to much luggage to do that.

Your chances are very good to excellent. The only thing that would slow you up would be:

1.) The customs officials being in "slow mo" that day

2.) Traffic

3.) A bomb threat at LAX (happens more often than you'd think)

Even so, I doubt that you'll have a problem. ;)

Hello,

I would not worry about catching your flight. However, I recommend that you reduce the number of clothes by at least 50 percent. A cruise to Mexico is a very relaxed cruise in terms of clothes. I am not suggesting that you look grubby but rather, you simply do not need a separate set of fancy clothes for each day. Also the Golden Princess has a self service laundry on board. The self embark is a great option.

And if you are still concerned, call AA and speak with a manager and see if you can get a later flight.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

I hope you are fine:D especially since we have a 1025 flight the same day!

Just follow the yellow brick road, we will leave a path.

Mike:)

We do a 10:40 flight all the time. :)

I know that, and your statement is the sole reason I booked us on that early flight months ago.:D

And we still don't arrive in ATL until 530p:eek: makes for one long day.

I hope you are fine:D especially since we have a 1025 flight the same day!

Just follow the yellow brick road, we will leave a path.

I hope Dorothy is there with the wizard at the purser's desk!!! Just sounds tight but your's is tighter than mine! 10;25??? uh?

Think positive!

Colo Cruiser, what would be the most expeditious transportation for our group of four? Taxi? and if so, are they plentiful early?

Thanks

Great question Mike! Us east coasters are used to having taxis at every corner hope it is the same on the west coast!

I hope you are fine especially since we have a 1025 flight the same day!
This is pretty iffy. Depending on the time of day and day of the week, it could take an hour to get to the airport. Then you have to check in at LAX and go through security which can take quite a while, particularly if the airport is busy. You should get there at LEAST 90 minutes (preferably earlier) before your flight so your timing will work only if the ship is ready for disembarkation by 8AM -- never guaranteed.

what would be the most expeditious transportation for our group of four? Taxi? and if so, are they plentiful early?
In general, with a Noon flight, you shouldn't have any problem making it unless there's something really bad on the 405 (always possible). If it were me, I'd pre-book on either Prime Time Shuttle or SuperShuttle. Just before you exit the building at the bottom of the escalators, turn left and go out that exit. There will be shuttles and dispatchers for both shuttles right there. As soon as the van is loaded, it takes off. This will probably be just as quick and easy, and less-expensive, as standing in the taxi line. With a 10:25AM flight, I'd run off the ship as fast as possible. This is going to be close.

Just before you exit the building at the bottom of the escalators, turn left and go out that exit. There will be shuttles and dispatchers for both shuttles right there. As soon as the van is loaded, it takes off. This will probably be just as quick and easy, and less-expensive, as standing in the taxi line. With a 10:25AM flight, I'd run off the ship as fast as possible. This is going to be close.

Thanks Pam, I am not too worried about the flight. If we don't make the 1025, it's no problem as Delta has hourly flights between LAX and ATL.

Think positive!

Colo Cruiser, what would be the most expeditious transportation for our group of four? Taxi? and if so, are they plentiful early?

Thanks

A yellow cab (van) right at the front doors to the terminal. Fast and easy. You can split the $55 cost to as it is for the van not PP up to 4. They are plentiful. :)

Archived