Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale/port view

CruzinNoony

We are staying at the Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel (I believe that's the name--it used to be the Marina Marriott) just down from the cruise terminal. We have not been there for two years, and the hotel has changed hands, but I am told it has been totally renovated and that it is lovely. Two years ago we stayed in a room at the north end of the complex with a balcony overlooking the inland waterway, and we absolutely loved it! We came three days early, and sat out on the balcony everyday watching the boats go by, the yachts being outfitted for private cruises (you know, those $200K per week ones!), and the ships coming into the port to the south. A particularly memorable day was the one when the QM2 came in--what a sight! So we are really hoping that the ambiance and food (which previously was excellent) are as good as it used to be when we spend those few days at the beginning of February in 2008. The deck with the bar also gave a wonderful view of the port and the ships coming and going, but duck from the pigeons and pelicans (droppings!). The hotel also had a shuttle to the ship which was much appreciated.

Stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 with a wrap-around Balcony looking at the Port. You could see all the ships going in and out and it was beautiful. However, it was a NIGHTMARE trying to secure that room. Read my review (First Time Cruiser: CB 11/25-12/2) to enjoy the crazyness.

Archived