jewel docks at 7:00am

baby

did not make a late enough flight

what time will I be off of Jewel if it docks at 7:00AM in Miami

Flight is from FLL

ugh

Debarkation is usually 1-1/2 hours to 2 hours after docking time.

The ship has to clear customs before debarkation.

You did not say what time your flight is or the distance to the airport.

You can:

1) have a car service ready to meet you at the pier.

2) sign up for "express debarkation" you will be in the first group off of the ship...BUT...you must be able to carry ALL of your luggage off of the ship.

3) Speak to the HD and let him know that you MUST be off the ship early.

IF it is any consolation...we have never docked late on return...always early...with the exception of coming back to NY in a N'easter.

If you think you can make your flight...be up EARLY and ready to run;)

Good Luck...you do not need stress at the end of your wonderful cruise:)

did not make a late enough flight

what time will I be off of Jewel if it docks at 7:00AM in Miami

Flight is from FLL

ugh

When we cruised on the Majesty from Miami in '03, we were flying out the next day from FLL, so we purchased transfers thru the ship. Our group was the first to disenbark and leave the port. Now, granted, debarkation was on a Friday, not the busy weekend days, but we were in the lobby of our hotel checking in at 10 am - and that included the transfer by shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. Impressive, to say the least!

Hi Cosmopolitan

I just did not think

I usually cruise from FLL and when I made the reservation I forgot I was cruising from Miami

the flight is at 11:25AM in FLL

A car service will be picking us up. The hotel we are staying at the night before the cruise has a package where they pick up you at the airport and bring you to the hotel, then bring you to miami the next day and then pick you up in Miami and bring you to airport.

I am hoping that if the ship docks at 7:00AM and do first off ship (not self debarkation and get off by 9:30AM - put stuff in car service and be back at FLL airport by 10:30AM - is that enough time hopefully if I tell the person at the outside counter I have an 11:25AM flight.

And in additionto all this - I hate flying and do it only because I love cruising

thanks so much

Carol

Hi Cosmopolitan

I just did not think

I usually cruise from FLL and when I made the reservation I forgot I was cruising from Miami

A car service will be picking us up. The hotel we are staying at the night before the cruise has a package where they pick up you at the airport and bring you to the hotel, then bring you to miami the next day and then pick you up in Miami and bring you to airport

I am hoping that if the ship docks at 7:00AM and do first off ship (not self debarkation and get off by 9:30AM - put stuff in car service and be back at FLL airport by 10:30AM - is that enough time hopefully if I tell the person at the outside counter I have an 11:25AM flight.

And in additionto all this - I hate flying and do it only because I love cruising

thanks so much

Carol

If you get to FLL by 10h30, should be enough time to make a 11h25. But it is cutting it close -- I've been there when the security lines were very long. Hopefully, they have improved the situation by now.

Here is one time when you probably will hope your flight departs a bit late.

Hi Cosmopolitan

I just did not think

A car service will be picking us up. The hotel we are staying at the night before the cruise has a package where they pick up you at the airport and bring you to the hotel, then bring you to miami the next day and then pick you up in Miami and bring you to airport.

thanks so much

Carol

Carol...I feel you pain...I always hated to fly and can't do it since the 9/11 fiasco:eek:

I've never cruised from Fla., because I won't fly...BUT....I would be SURE that the hotel knows that you CANNOT wait for others departing the ship ..that you must get right to the airport.

You don't want to be stuck waiting for other passengers to depart the ship...like they do with the bus transfers.

I would call the hotel and make sure that they do not have x-amount of passengers that are getting the transfer..you may be stuck waiting for them (other passengers who are being called by colors):( That could take a long time!

In that case, you may have to hire your own car service.

Don't beat yourself up..you made all the reservations thinking you were doing it right.

if you need to get off the ship early for a flight, see the reception desk and let them know. There is always a "special" group that goes first, its called VIP express debarkation. they will ask to see your airline tickets before signing you up. it was great on my last cruise! we docked at 7am and i was in a cab by 7:20am. i was amazed and even had time for breakfast at FLL airport! GOOD LUCK :)

we had a 10:55 am flight last Friday out of FLL and the Pearl docked in Miami at 7. we did express debarkation and were off the ship by 7:40, in a cab by 7:45 and at the airport by 8:15. you might consider a cab instead of a shared ride (if what the hotel transfer is).

also, personally I would not rely on regular debarkation if you need to make that flight.

I agree with doing the express debarkation. I was on the jewel last week. We docked around 7:15, the express debarkation group wasn't called until around 8:30 or so. We used NCL's airport transfer to FLL. Our group (dark blue) was supposed to be called around 8:45, but it was closer to 9:45 before we got out of there. We made it to the airport around 11:00.

Hi Cosmopolitan

I just did not think

thanks so much

Carol

The biggest problem that you are going to have is at FLL. The airport is a mess on Saturday and Sunday mornings with all the cruisers. To be sure of making your flight you need to allow at least an hour to get through security (having said that the day you travel it will be empty when you get there, but that is the exception.)

You are really pushing it to make a flight that early out of FLL.

Good luck.

Archived