Cruise not leaving the US?

I have a question, I have been cruising before but my brother who just got out of prison a year ago has not. I would like to take him on a cruise, the issue here is that he does not and cannot get a passport as well as leave the country. We checked and international waters don't matter for him. I have been looking around and cannot find anything in terms of cruises we can do. I have went with RCCL before and loved it, so I would like to stay with them if possible.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, you people helped me so much when I was going on my first cruise that I thought you might have some advice.

By the way we live in the Seattle Area. But are willing to go anywhere if we have to :)

Thanks,

Jonny

I have a question, I have been cruising before but my brother who just got out of prison a year ago has not. I would like to take him on a cruise, the issue here is that he does not and cannot get a passport as well as leave the country. We checked and international waters don't matter for him. I have been looking around and cannot find anything in terms of cruises we can do. I have went with RCCL before and loved it, so I would like to stay with them if possible.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, you people helped me so much when I was going on my first cruise that I thought you might have some advice.

By the way we live in the Seattle Area. But are willing to go anywhere if we have to :)

Thanks,

Jonny

Not sure of their requirements, but the only cruise line that CAN do cruises wholly within the USA is NCL America. I think they run some Hawaiian cruises that do not go to a foreign port.

As of now you can go on some carribean cruises with certified birth certificate and drivers or photo Id. for identification. If you go before the passport law goes into effect you would be ok. The down side would be if something happens and you would have to fly home ie death in family or illness. The pass port is needed to fly back into the usa. I think in the future they will have to address this problem. I havent heard anything about those who haved served their time and now can't vacation outside the usa.

debkjw

Other than the NCLA cruises around Hawaii, the only other option would be cruises to nowhere. These are cruises that leave from the US but don't stop at any ports. They usually are 1 to 3 nights long. RCCL usually doesn't offer cruises to nowhere, but I've seen NCL offer them a few times a year and Carnival offer them occasionally.

Some small specialty lines do New England cruises and/or river cruises. These are very small ships and a considerably different experience than the large cruiselines/ship.

One company keeps sending me mail (unsolicited) but I cannot remember the name

Some small specialty lines do New England cruises and/or river cruises. These are very small ships and a considerably different experience than the large cruiselines/ship.

One company keeps sending me mail (unsolicited) but I cannot remember the name

American Cruise Lines: http://199.237.204.14/store.php?crn=229

Cruise West: http://www.cruisewest.com/destinations/brochure_request.aspx?gclid=CIK05dbBkpACFTyKOAodKnJwBA

NCL: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruisesearch/cruisesearch.html;jsessionid=HXRlZwlhGLtQXTL51NR51GgdMDlcswyy!-110735686

remember lists of all passengers are supplied to homeland security which checks them against an FBI database. If he can't travel outside the US he violates his parole/probation because the ships leave US territorial waters. He can ask for permission. Many times they will grant permission as long as he has been ok with them. I wouldn't accept that the outside us territorial waters is ok unless you got it in writing from them.

only thing needed for western carribean nov 10 was birth certificate .

did key west cozumel playadel carman beleze . never need passport to get on or off ship just a photo id and sea pass. :)

As of now you can go on some carribean cruises with certified birth certificate and drivers or photo Id. for identification. If you go before the passport law goes into effect you would be ok. The down side would be if something happens and you would have to fly home ie death in family or illness. The pass port is needed to fly back into the usa. I think in the future they will have to address this problem. I havent heard anything about those who haved served their time and now can't vacation outside the usa.

debkjw

Other than the passport issue, the OP's brother is not allowed to leave the country. So regardless of whether or not a passport is required, going on a Caribbean cruise would still be violating his parole.

To the OP. Try NCL cruises to/from Hawaii. Those ships are American flagged and do not require a foreign port. Hope that helps a bit.

Archived