12 day of chrismas rip-off

karefree

For what's its worth, they have only featured TWO Exctasy sailings, both during expensive summer months, one was about $450 and one over $650 as the special bonus prices. Neither one of them were even close to a deal. Lots of other dates below $400 to pick from. They might be ok if you had to travel in the summer? But so far they havent had anything I could use either. I think more than you and me have been dissapointed in the Christmas specials.

But I do agree with OP that this year's 12 -days sale is very disappointing. Nothing really looks like a great bargain . The amount off and OBC seems a lot less this year - add to that the fuel surcharge and the sales dont look like sales at all:( .

But I do agree with OP that this year's 12 -days sale is very disappointing. Nothing really looks like a great bargain . The amount off and OBC seems a lot less this year - add to that the fuel surcharge and the sales dont look like sales at all:( .

Carnival is still the best value out there. I booked a RCCL ship for this August. I could have booked a Carnival ship for 1/2. I want to try RCCL, the ship sails about and hour from my home. I also have never been to Bermuda, and Carnival does not go there in August.

I agree with you. The specials have nothing special and it has nothing to do with milk. This coming year the economy is expected to slow down, especially the first quarter of 08. Wait a little until they are starving for customers and lower their prices ( remember 2002? ), then book. I love cruising but I always shop around and wait for the right time to book. Also call a TA, al least mine always gives a nice discount.

by the way, Macarthur is at 2 GLs for $ 7.00 at CVS here in Miami LOL.

Why would any sale be a considered "rip-off?" Because they aren't offering a discount on every single ship on every single itinerary for every single sailing in 2008?

They don't HAVE to offer a sale just because they have in the past.

Cruises are about the only thing I purchase that I don't wait for a sale!

I search for cruises during the time I decide I want to vacation, then I look at itineraries, then I look at prices, then I look at the ship.

When I find what I want, I book. If the price drops, great! I'll ask for the discounted price. If it goes up, I consider that I got a pretty good deal.

A sale is only a rip-off if you end up buying something you didn't really want just because of the price. And no one is to blame other than the buyer, in that case!

Because we are a very informed group, as a whole, we know bargains when we see them (or when we don't, as is the case here.) Many of us have been cruising long enough to have seen past Carnival 12 Days of Christmas Sales so we know how this sale stacks up.

Because we are a very informed group, as a whole, we know bargains when we see them (or when we don't, as is the case here.) Many of us have been cruising long enough to have seen past Carnival 12 Days of Christmas Sales so we know how this sale stacks up.

Totally agree

NCTribe fan: when they "up" the prices and then offer sales it's not really

a sale at all. You're right, they dont have to offer sales even if they have in the past, but Carnival doesnt need to treat us like idiots either. Anyone who has compared the "sales" this year to the past, knows they are not a good deal

But there are thousands of people out there that know nothing of Cruice Critic. What does posting and reading here have to do with Carnival offering a sale?

With the way prices go up and down and up again, it's really difficult to compare prices at all.

I just think calling a sale a "rip-off" is a bit much.

If we're so well-informed, we shouldn't really care a whole lot about whether the "sale" is really a deal.

We know a good price when we see one, usually. If it isn't what you want to pay, then don't book and wait and see if the prices drop later.

My point was that you book when the price is what you're willing to pay, whether it's an "official" sale or not. If the price drops, you'll probably get the credit/discount. If it doesn't, you got the trip at a good price!

Retailers do this all the time. Mark up the "regular" price so the "sale" price looks like a deal. As low as cruise prices are, I just don't know what people are complaining about!

I haven't seen anything close to the price I got last year during Carnival's Twelve sale. I too am disappointed. I'm thinking that we'll probably vacation closer to home next year. I'd rather spend my money on something a little more fun than a fuel supplement. :-)

The cruises out of Tampa are far from a deal. I'm not sure why Carnival feels that today's advertised sails are worth booking. I have sailed with Carnival and I do not understand why Carnival has become so expensive. :mad:

if you don't like the price don't purchase the product, if you look and go else where you are sensible consumer. If not and you just complain well.......tough:rolleyes:

I haven't seen anything close to the price I got last year during Carnival's Twelve sale. I too am disappointed. I'm thinking that we'll probably vacation closer to home next year. I'd rather spend my money on something a little more fun than a fuel supplement. :-)

Have a good time.

I am sure no other form of vacation is passing on additional fuel cost to it's customers like cruising is. You should save a bundle. :confused:

I booked a cruise for the Med in May. I haven't made the final payment.

The price stayed the same until last week when it jumped $125.per person. That was two days before they offered the 200per state room credit. If I rebooked to get the offer I would now lose $50.

If it looks to good,:) it usually is.

The special gift to day was not bad. $199 for a 5 day and a couple of the dates were good. Sold out too fast to catch it though. Other than that, our Military rates beat any other offer out there. Thank god my DH did his time in the Navy, so we could cruise on these ships later!;)

Carnival has a "sale" every other week. They have so many sales I don't even pay attention to them any more.

The best way to get deals is to book a cruise in the slow season. If you want to go in the summer, you will pay a premium price, sale or no sale.

Archived