2008 port schedule is out

mii

On July 17th there are 5 ships scheduled for Ketchikan.

1. Golden Princess 6:00AM to 2:30PM
  2. Oosterdam 7:00AM to 1:00PM
  3. Spirit of Ninety-Eight (never heard of it:confused: ) 7:00AM to 6:15PM
  4. Statendam 10:00AM to 6:00PM
  5. Diamond Princess 10:00AM to 6:00PM - OUR SHIP!!!

Since we're in last (actually tied for last), does that mean we are likely to be tendered?? I'm not looking foward to that. :eek:

Thanks for any help.

Don't be surprised if you are tendered into port. By the way that Spirit of Ninety-eight ship is a very small boar of less than 100 passengers and they usually do not park at the cruiseline pier. You still though have 4 ships so may be tendered.

marilyn

On July 17th there are 5 ships scheduled for Ketchikan.

1. Golden Princess 6:00AM to 2:30PM
  2. Oosterdam 7:00AM to 1:00PM
  3. Spirit of Ninety-Eight (never heard of it:confused: ) 7:00AM to 6:15PM
  4. Statendam 10:00AM to 6:00PM
  5. Diamond Princess 10:00AM to 6:00PM - OUR SHIP!!!

Since we're in last (actually tied for last), does that mean we are likely to be tendered?? I'm not looking foward to that. :eek:

Thanks for any help.

I dont know..I think Princess has their own dock..I do know that Carnival North and Southbound cruises have to tender every third time in port...

Kelly

How do you know if you will be tendering or not? We are on the Tahitian Princess and we have 2 other ships with us in Ketchekan. They being:

Spirit of Discovery

Island Princess

In Juneau we have 4 others:

Millennium

Rhapsody of the Sea

Amsterdam

Seven Seas Mariner

and in Skagway we also have 4 others

Radiance of the Sea

Rhapsody of the Sea

Silver Shadow

Empress of the Nort

Having never been to Alaska, I am wondering how big are the docks up there and therefore what are the chances of using the tenders.

In fact in all our years of cruising, we have only ever been in port with one other ship. I am not used to being in a port with thousands of cruisers just off a ship.

Jennie

How do you know if you will be tendering or not? We are on the Tahitian Princess and we have 2 other ships with us in Ketchekan. They being:

Spirit of Discovery

Island Princess

In Juneau we have 4 others:

Millennium

Rhapsody of the Sea

Amsterdam

Seven Seas Mariner

and in Skagway we also have 4 others

Radiance of the Sea

Rhapsody of the Sea

Silver Shadow

Empress of the Nort

Having never been to Alaska, I am wondering how big are the docks up there and therefore what are the chances of using the tenders.

In fact in all our years of cruising, we have only ever been in port with one other ship. I am not used to being in a port with thousands of cruisers just off a ship.

Jennie

Last year the docking schedules had what berth each ship would dock at...I would say by the number of ships in each of your ports chances are you will not have to tender...Unless the schedules change...You could call your cruise line and see what ports were tender ports last year...That might give you some insite into what to expect..

Kelly

Thank you ever so much for posting this info. I didn't even know there was a place where it was available (1st Cruise ever 6/08 on Diamond Princess). I imagine the first couple of ships in will be able to dock. This info is very helpful, as one of our party will have a wheelchair, and we are fortunate that it looks like the Diamond Princess will mostly be the first ship in our ports on our dates. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
As the OP of this thread I also remember that in previous years the site would have berth numbers on them. Maybe in a few months that info will be forthcoming.

Marilyn

Yes, Marilyn, that is correct. Last year it was towards the end of February when the Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska posted the berth assignments and we found out we were tendering in Ketchikan.

Yes, Marilyn, that is correct. Last year it was towards the end of February when the Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska posted the berth assignments and we found out we were tendering in Ketchikan.

Thanks Brunolvr that is what I thought. So I guess we will just have to have patience.:D

Marilyn

Archived