Favorite Princess Ship

wdonnieb

Which ship is your favorite?  

388 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship is your favorite?

The Royal was my favorite but having been on the Regal for 15 days this past April/May, I have to say that I really liked that ship.

My least-favorite is the Grand -- I'd sail a different cruiseline rather than go on her again. We're trying the Caribbean Princess so we'll see about that.

We have sailed on them all, but my fav is the "Ocean," which you did not list. We were fortunate to sail in the owner's suite, and I will never forget that voyage. "Genneroso," the Maitre d' was an absolute doll on that ship. Really, really had a great time.:rolleyes:

Regal Princess – my last sailing on her brought me back. I was leaning toward the Sun Class, but once I was on Regal for a couple of days…there’s no comparison. Low passenger density, high levels of quality and service. She’s the perfect Princess ship. They should build more like her.

We have been on the Regal, the Sea, the Dawn and the Coral. We love them all ! But since we have to choose for this poll, we put the Coral first... Same amount of people than on the Sea/Dawn but on a bigger ship. So, the people density is better on the Coral/Island.

As for the Regal, we really loved this ship. But after trying a balcony stateroom on the Sea/Dawn and the Coral, we have to put her last ... She is still a marvelous ship and we highly recommend her.

Alain R.

The Sun Class are the best - easy to get around - not TOO big -just right - The Regal is a close second - they usually have a jazz group playing in the Bengal Lounge - we were on the Golden once and although we will probably do it again - TOO BIG - It seemed that the staterooms and the public rooms were smaller, like they were trying to put more pax in smaller places, and I understand the Carib - being almost the same size as the Golden?Grand has 500 more pax - Not for us!!

Ron

We have sailed on them all, but my fav is the "Ocean," which you did not list. We were fortunate to sail in the owner's suite, and I will never forget that voyage. "Genneroso," the Maitre d' was an absolute doll on that ship. Really, really had a great time.:rolleyes:

Generoso is on the Coral now...and I agree..he is a doll. Usually my opinion of the Maitre'D is indifferent at best but he is really something else.

So far I've done the Grand (9/02) and the Coral (5/04)..the Grand was fine.....but the Coral I really liked..so much so I'm going back on her this October!

How can you beat the piano lounge on the Regal (and the old Crown). Lovely ambiance!!!!!! The Royal is also a personal favorite. (When we first sailed the Crown it was the biggest ship we had ever been on!! What a hoot! Now the Regal is considerred "small"). Of the newer mega ships, I guess I liked the Coral. All the goodies of the Grand Class, less passengers, a more intimate feel. The Wheelhouse bar in the Coral/Island is far superior to Grand class ships.

My least-favorite is the Grand -- I'd sail a different cruiseline rather than go on her again. We're trying the Caribbean Princess so we'll see about that

I wish you well. The Caribbean is just another Grand, with 500 more people. Not very much different. Maybe the movie screen will win you over.

We have sailed on them all, but my fav is the "Ocean," which you did not list.

You'll want to check off the Sun and Dawn column. The original poster might not have remembered that ship, since it wasn't with Princess very long before going to P&O.

I still love the Regal Princess....even after sailing the Sun and Grand Classes! She seems to me a perfect size and offers what I consider to be a more "traditional" cruise experience. That being said, I have had wonderful cruises on the Sun, Sea and Grand Princess as well. I sailed on the Crown Princess as well, but the Regal holds my heart.

I would have voted for the Caribbean Princess but it was not a choice so I voted for the Golden Princess. Number one and Number two in my best ever cruises respectively...but yet I have a lot of Princess ships yet to sail!

For Toto and Coiran to say the Sun class speaks volumes considering their extensive cruise histories. But the Bdjam's passionate and consisitent votes for the Regal are also good "word of mouth" advertising.

This is a perfect example of how diverse this board is and the depth of experience of so many of the members. To me, this information is way more useful than slipping me the name of some travel agent.

Awesome poll, thanks!

Sorry that I forgot to include the Caribbean Princess but it should be classified with the Grand class ships. The Ocean and Sea are no longer Princess ships as I understand it. I tried to edit the poll options vut cannot figure out how.

Sorry!

D

Archived