How do you 'insert' other quotes?

kdinkus1

I was wondering how people insert quotes from other cruisers when responding on these boards? It makes it much easier to know what people are talking about by seeing the 'quote' posted with the response. Thank you

If you're talking about what I just did, on the bottom right-hand corner of each post there are three "buttons." The first one says "quote." Click that button and a reply window will appear with the quoted text in it already.

The middle button is a "multi quote" button, if you want to quote several different posts in your reply. Just click on that button for each of the posts you want to include as quotes in your reply (the button will turn red when it's selected). Then just click the normal post reply button and all the posts will be quoted in your reply.

You can even edit quoted text (to shorten it to a specific part you're referring to, for example). It's important to not to delete or alter the information in the brackets "[ ]" though if you want it to come out right.

Just look for the button labeled QUOTE in the bottom right hand corner of a post. Click it and it will open a response window with the post quoted at the top of it. If you wish to only include part of the post, you can delete it. You can then add your comments.

Thank you for explaining that, about quotes.

I'll try it on another post I don't know anyone on in case I goof up.

You can try it out on the test forum. Look at the top of the main forum, blue area where it says community guidelines and help.

Questions related to use of the boards should be posted here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

You are most likely to get your questions answered quickly and thoroughly there (although, obviously, good members may answer them here and on other boards if they happen to see your question). The purpose of the help board is specifically to help members to use different aspects of the boards.

Questions related to use of the boards should be posted here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

You are most likely to get your questions answered quickly and thoroughly there (although, obviously, good members may answer them here and on other boards if they happen to see your question). The purpose of the help board is specifically to help members to use different aspects of the boards.

:( I'm sorry... I didn't realize I couldn't ask that question here.

Thanks to everyone that responded to help me out! Hope this works.

Of course you can ask your questions here. I didn't mean to imply that you couldn't. My point is that when you post on a board specifically set up to answer a type of question, you are likely to get your answer more quickly and completely.

:( I'm sorry... I didn't realize I couldn't ask that question here.

Thanks to everyone that responded to help me out! Hope this works.

Of course you can ask your questions here. I didn't mean to imply that you couldn't. My point is that when you post on a board specifically set up to answer a type of question, you are likely to get your answer more quickly and completely.

Hey this was educational! I never tried a multi-quote before:D :cool:

Archived