Caribbean Princess - A (long) review with (hopefully) helpful details

LuvTheGoodLife

Thanks for the review. We discovered Morningstar Beach the last time we cruised. It is a lovely, very quiet beach. The day we were there, they didn't even charge us. We must have just blended in with the crowd.

Like you, we amuse ourselves in port. In port, we don't shop. We just taxi to a beach. If in doubt about where to go, just ask crew from the ship. We've often been in taxis with crew from the ship. They're there every week and know where to go.

For Rubegoddess, I saw mention on Chef's Table in the Patter but never followed up on it and never talked to anyone who had done it. Sounded interesting but I am not a wine drinker and was unsure if I would get my moneys worth if I did not partake of the wines paired with the meal.

For Taxatty - yes, this cruise was our 5th on Princess (since 2001) which resulted in our achieving Platinum Captains Circle. We have a Future Cruise booking for #6 but no date/ship picked out yet.

For NH cruiser, yes Morning Star beach seems like a hidden treasure on St. Thomas with few people mentioning or asking about it. Islander on the St. Thomas Port of Call board recommended it to us last year when I asked about beach with good taxi access to/from, beach bar, restaurant, loungers and umbrella rentals. My husband insists on having shade options at the beach while I seek out full sun. Morning Star fit the bill perfectly. I would stay at the Marriott resort there if I could get a good deal on the price.

Do you remember the FAX number you called for the egg topper and special requests? I heard so many times that the cruise never gets the fax's of other people. Thanks so much for keeping me busy while reading your review and taking me away from my boring job. I really enjoyed reading your review. Soon you will be back to your routine and you will always have your detailed recap of you vacation. Did you see the new coffee menu? I will be there in 32 days and i can't wait!

Do you remember the FAX number you called for the egg topper and special requests? I heard so many times that the cruise never gets the fax's of other people. Thanks so much for keeping me busy while reading your review and taking me away from my boring job. I really enjoyed reading your review. Soon you will be back to your routine and you will always have your detailed recap of you vacation. Did you see the new coffee menu? I will be there in 32 days and i can't wait!

I faxed in my request and the request was confirmed on my cruise personalizer and still the steward was not informed of the request beforehand. He was wonderful and when I mentioned it to him, he immediately set out to put the eggcrate on and also a top sheet. If I come across the number, I'll post it, but frankly you might just wait till you get on the ship since I don't think faxing the request beforehand did any good.

to cool cruiser,

Hey we where on the cruise kust before you so we got of the ship on Dec 2nd and also had the same great experience as you both did. As for the ship temperture we also group of 8 found it to be very warm and hot compare to other cruises before.

Sea ya

Eric

TBA 2008

Caribbean Princess Nov2007

Sea Princess Nov&Dec 2006

Diamond Princess Apr2005

Rccl Navigator Dec2004

NCL SUN Nov2004

Visit of QM2 Oct2004

Carnival Victory Nov2003

Golden Princess Apr2003

Celebrity Mercury Nov2002

Carnival Elation Nov2001

NCL SKY Nov2000

We were on the very same cruise in cabin C743 just around the corner from yours! It was the last side facing balcony on that side. Our teens were in an inside room down the hall a bit.

We loved Rolando as he was so efficient and always right on top of things.

We did not have the same problem with the temp in the room. Only on embarktion day and that is always expected. If the sun was shining in it did get warm but at night it was always cool enough.

We were on this ship in July for a western and I must say that the beginning of this cruise, especially Monday, was much more rocky with the movement. I would imagine it is from being in the aft area.

Great review! Hopefully I will get to mine in the next few days.

LuvTheGoodLife, We had your cabin the week before you. We didn't have a problem with it being hot in the room, as a matter of fact we had to move the thermostat a little warmer a few times. Maybe we broke it:confused: .

For Scuba Lisa re: Orient Beach. On the half of the beach nearer to Club Orient end (the clothing optional area), most of the beach bars had posted prices of $14 for 2 loungers, umbrella and 2 drinks. A few had same thing for $16. The bar we chose was Tex Mex. Be warned, they make the drinks very strong....

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived