Congratulations, Frank del Rio!

cruznut1111

Lordie, when I first read FDR's post of yesterday, I thought it was a hoax post, until I checked that the name did in fact seem to be the same as in previous posts from the guy in charge. While I applaud FDR's participation in CC boards and, with one notable exception, his responsiveness to them, I was a bit shocked that he chose to engage in the game of personal attack and negative comment that so many of us enjoy on CC. Jeez, he's the CEO - what's he doing in the gutter with us, getting muddy with the few people who question his position??

As a loyal and satisfied Regent veteran, I sincerely hope that FDR brings to Regent his admirable emphasis on customer responsiveness and leaves somewhere in the Everglades his apparent tendency to be a bit thin-skinned.

Now, if someone can convince Apollo to buy Silversea, we should have a great combo, no??

Cheers, Fred

Lordie, when I first read FDR's post of yesterday, I thought it was a hoax post,

I sincerely hope that FDR brings to Regent his admirable emphasis on customer responsiveness and leaves somewhere in the Everglades his apparent tendency to be a bit thin-skinned.

I think his response was in defense of the rest of us, not himself. The main point we should all remember is that we are very lucky to have someone in charge who cares that we have a wonderful time.

365 days ago we were on the Regatta and I have to admit some pangs that I won't be waking up in St. Barts tomorrow morning. (We're booked for the Mediterranean on Insignia in the summer as a "consolation.") Two CCs that we know from last year are on board again this year, same ship same itinerary, because Oceania is providing something that is increasingly rare: reasonably priced, fun and interesting travel of high and consistent quality. We've never met FDR, but we did spend some time with our cruise director over dinner last year (and tell me what other line might it be as great to dine with the cruise director in the buffet than with the captain or the senior officers in the main dining room.) There was a genuineness and passion about Oceania and what they had learned from the R experience. This is truly the essense of success: to have setbacks and figure out why things didn't work and to try again.

I am surprised that Apollo picked up NCL, which has an uneven record, but am happy to see this as well. I hope the overall plan is to improve the quality and consistency of the product everywhere opportunities offer, and to have a set of lines that is competitive. This is something we can all cheer for.

Let me add Mr. Del Rio, my own personal congratulations to your success.

I'm responding to the question just asked i.e. on what other lines would you be able to dine with the CD at the buffet? I just did the Atlantic crossing on Regent's Seven Seas Voyager. On that journey, Captain Knut dined with guests at their tables in the main dining room, Compass Rose. (He hosted guests at his table too.) And whenever their was a pool deck buffet, and that was most days, he stood in the buffet line with the rest of the passengers and then spontaneously sought out a table to join for lunch. He was in the audience enjoying the activities at the County Fair and the ice carving demonstrations and, of course, at the sailaway parties. And his officers were as friendly and approachable as he was. He is a delight and a stellar leader. I am not surprised to learn that O, a fine line, has such captains too. But O doesn't have a monopoly on them. Pat

Oh, let me be certain I've got this right, Mr. DR. There are "diffricult" passengers on every cruise, passengers that mightily test the patience and tolerance of crew members. (We all see them.) Now your advice to your wonderful team is: Treat them with patience and a smile as I say, not as I do. I think I've got it! Pat

Oh, let me be certain I've got this right, Mr. DR. There are "diffricult" passengers on every cruise, passengers that mightily test the patience and tolerance of crew members. (We all see them.) Now your advice to your wonderful team is: Treat them with patience and a smile as I say, not as I do. I think I've got it! Pat

If you monitor O forums you will notice certain Passengers here have "history" with FDR.:D

"Organizations big and small, win or loose (succeed or fail) not buy the deeds of one individual, but by the collective efforts of the team. I've been blessed and fortunate to have a terrific, talented, dedicated and passionate team of associates that have helped me build Oceania Cruises into a truly world class cruise line. They are the real stars of the show." FDR

Well said.

Oh, people will be people - the positive and negative...just part of what makes the world go round. Passengers on cruise ships really make me laugh. Some of them you can't please at all.......they just complain all day. I am cruising to enjoy every moment and don't want to be around the folks who find the worst in any situation, too bad they don't stay home and complain to themselves.

I am looking forward to our first cruise on Oceania's Insigna on March 10 out of Rio. We had the pleasure of sailing on the R4 in the South Pacific just before they stopped sailing. We have a very busy CC board for our cruise with a great group of optimistic cruisers - thank God!

Thanks FDR for leading a dedicated team that will help us all enjoy each and every moment on Oceania.

Marion

From all I've read, I'm really looking forward to my first Oceania cruise this March. I've never been on a ship this small..or with so few passengers.... that aspect will definitely be an experience..but I have faith that my cruise is going to be a great one!

FDR wrote in part: "For those who are not happy with Oceania cruises, or with me in particular, life is too short live in a miserable state of mind and you should simply cruise on another line (and please don't cruise on Regent either). "

LOL!!!!!!

You kill me ..

you know we all love the heck out of you. Happy holidays , happy new year and to all a Good Night!

Archived