San Diego Pier to Train Station (Amtrack) ?

Sirwinston

It is 2 blocks (kinda big blocks) away...about a 10 minute walk maybe. 9:30 train should be no problem!

I'm considering a cruise from San Diego and never thought about Amtrak. Do many cruisers use it since it is so close? Probably nice for locals as well.

After Thanksgiving in San Diego, my wife and I took Amtrak to LA for a recent 4-day on the Paradise. From Union Station in LA, we took the red line light rail to where it connects with the blue line light rail to Long Beach. In Long Beach we took a cab to the ship. Worked great. Smooth connections all the way.

It is only about 2 blocks, but it is a really long 2 blocks! If you have more than a piece of rolling luggage you may want to consider grabbing a cab as you need to cross the railroad tracks, etc to get to the actual station. Not only are the Amtrack tracks there but the local trolley tracks as well. And one of the streets you need to cross is extremely busy. If it were me, I'd walk, but I live here and know what to expect! :D

DH absolutely will not fly, so we have Amtraked from Seattle to San Diego.

We will have to Amtrak to Galveston to get a Caribbean cruise. I need to rest alot, so we get the bedroom liner. That way you have a private bathroom.

It's not luxury, but it serves the purpose.

Pat

Here's a local map of the area

c9s_san_sdcst_map.gif

Pick-up Services Available

Meet and Greet

All arrivals are Meet and Greet, after retrieving your luggage you need to de-board and locate the uniformed Cloud 9 transportation coordinator who will call for a Cloud 9 vehicle... This vehicle will not depart from the cruise ship terminal until everybody with a reservation de-boards and is seated.

http://www.cloud9shuttle.com/c9s_ai_sdcst.html

We're taking the Amtrak from LA toSan Diego. The cost is more inexpensive than parking at th port for a week, although this is a very short train trip. No stress. Good timing, and easy.

I used to be a regular commuter, 1 RT/week, Oceanside to LA. I recommend that you sit on the right side of the train, considering the direction of travel. That way, you'll get the ocean views at San Clemente and North San Diego County.

Archived