Well thank you BBC for nothing!

fenreed

Well, after watching the whole of the BBC South local news programme tonight, broadcast at 1830 hrs, what did we get for the start of the Queen Victoria Maiden Voyage and the fireworks?

FIVE SECONDS COVERAGE

That's it, 5 rotten seconds!

BBC South, you are the pits! Go to hell!:mad:

Well, after watching the whole of the BBC South local news programme tonight, broadcast at 1830 hrs, what did we get for the start of the Queen Victoria Maiden Voyage and the fireworks?

FIVE SECONDS COVERAGE

And we had to wait till the very, very end....Jane

from what I saw on the webcam this morning, the fireworks were very brief.

They went on for at least 1/2 the length of my walk home - they had started as I got off the train, and stopped just before I got to a point I could have stopped to watch them :( - I would say it was at least 15 minutes worth of almost constant fireworks! (perhaps 10 - it was cold & I was walking fast:) )

& I too waited the whole show for that 5 second display at the end!

However, they managed to find 5 minutes for the inevitable 'global warming additional tax scam' article that they seem to include everyday now. Yesterday was what, penguins? Who knows what we'll get today, anything is my guess, just to keep us programmed into thinking that our additional green charges are actually going somewhere, apart from into peoples' pockets!

OK, rant over, back to cruising! Ah! I feel much better now!

Pete

FIVE SECONDS COVERAGE

Fenreed,

Spare a thought for us Aussies. All I had was the Cunard webcam.

As the yorkshiremen would say: "Five rotten seconds. That were looxury. We used to dream of five rotten seconds, and all we got were a coople of photos on t'internet" :)

(Apologies to M.Python)

We had nothing at all on the TV news in Lancashire and Liverpool, the home of the origiinal Cunard Line. no one knows that there is a Queen Vic. up here. I have asked around and no one knows anything about a new ship. `Never heard of it` they all said.

Cunard could have made a documentary for TV lasting an hour, with a full tour of the ship. I dont think they want passengers anymore. They just seem to want celebs who do not pay. Carol Marlow told me there were 2000 international celebs invited for the naming ceremony, I bet not one paid to go on it.Just there for the freebies. Where did they dig up 2000 celebs? I didnt know there was so many.

We had nothing at all on the TV news in Lancashire and Liverpool, the home of the origiinal Cunard Line. no one knows that there is a Queen Vic. up here. I have asked around and no one knows anything about a new ship. `Never heard of it` they all said.

Cunard could have made a documentary for TV lasting an hour, with a full tour of the ship. I dont think they want passengers anymore. They just seem to want celebs who do not pay. Carol Marlow told me there were 2000 international celebs invited for the naming ceremony, I bet not one paid to go on it.Just there for the freebies. Where did they dig up 2000 celebs? I didnt know there was so many.

When you include those who are Legends In Their Own Minds, the 2000 number seems puny. ;)

Ow come thou talks like that lad, youse not from 'round 'ere are thee?

Pete

From Kent, actually, but after more than 40 years in Oz, I don't think you'd beleive it if I told you verbally :)

I was one of the lucky ones who got a one-way cruise with my family from Southampton to Brisbane for 10 pounds.

If it's any consolation, I did visit Yorkshire once. Does that count?

Do have a look at a few postings on www.youtube.co.uk. The BBC might have been short on coverage, but a few of the many thousands around Southampton last night did record the spectacular despite the freezing cold, and now it is available for all to see! I am glad I was there to witness this QV's departure, and looking forward to our first trip on her in April. I have to say that the QV looks far more resplendent to the naked eye than photos I have seen of her over the last few months.

Ow come thou talks like that lad, youse not from 'round 'ere are thee?

Pete

You'se lookie!

Could talk like a Scouser!

No, no, Brian, I think they said there were 2000 people who said they would rather be cruising Celebrity than on that Disney-Vegas Victorian liner wannabe!

Or something!

Anon!

Archived