Taking my first solo plunge

cheffip

I've really enjoyed this thread and am now ready to fly solo myself! I'm starting small with a 5 night cruise on Century on January 26. I've been on Horizon (2005) and Constellation (2007) and thought highly of Celebrity. Any advice for cruising solo on Celebrity and Century in particular?

-Phil

Hi:) I have sailed Celebrity 13 times with #14 next week:D (Dec 20th)

and going on CENTURY too...it will be my 4th time on her.

She had a $55 million overhaul last year and this will be my first

time back on her since then.....from everyone I know who has

sailed her before and after the makeover they still love this ship

and I hope you will too.

You were on Horizon? I sailed Zenith but never sailed Horizon.

Century is bigger than Horizon was......

They sort of turned Century into an M-Class ship. You were

on Constellation? Me too:).....they added a Specialty Restaurant

to Century and a brand new Martini Bar!

Advice for sailing solo on Celebrity? It is my cruiseline of choice.

I know many folks have their choices.....I love X.

I enjoy the food and service immensely....I always sail solo

and love it!

I enjoy drinks before dinner in the Martini bar..I love sitting

at the bar by the pool and chatting with a nice bartender, reading

a good novel and having an adult libation or 2;) and people watching

is always fun!

I will be glad to post about my experience upon my return....but

I know I will have a great time.....everytime I sail with Celebrity

I plan another cruise with them:D

Oh, I would suggest requesting a large table for dinner. I always do that and

its a great way to meet other folks! 8 tops are a good size!

I've really enjoyed this thread and am now ready to fly solo myself! I'm starting small with a 5 night cruise on Century on January 26. I've been on Horizon (2005) and Constellation (2007) and thought highly of Celebrity. Any advice for cruising solo on Celebrity and Century in particular?

-Phil

My first solo cruise was last week on carnival's Imagination. I had a ball. By the time I got off the ship I felt like a movie star I had so many new friends.

yes last year was my first solo cruise on the Carnival Celebration .. i wont lie i was kinda nervous ... but wow what a great time i had the matired placed me at a table with other solo travelers made some buddys to do some activities and some excurisions.. do i recommend it ..Heck yes.. will i do it again HEck yes. Feb 2008 Ecastasy. Hey Live a little life is to short not to have fun and make new freinds or just relax and have some good me time we all deserve it.:D

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would give a quick wrap-up report on my first solo cruise. In a word, it was wonderful. After an excellent pre-cruise night wandering through South Beach enjoying the deco and neon and the whole "scene", I boarded the Century the following day in what seemed like a few minutes. The ship was beautiful, food was very good, and the service truly excellent and friendly. I had plenty of company when I wanted and appreciated the luxury of keeping my own company at other times. Bottom line: I enjoyed my first solo cruise experience immensely and look forward to doing a longer solo in the not so distant future.:D

I'm taking the plunge on March 27th. I am a gay guy going on my first solo cruise and hoping that it will be a good experience for me.

I don't mind being by myself and even splurged on a stateroom with a balcony that overlooks the back of the boat. It looks like it will be a nice place to spend time and relax.

But I am also hoping that I can meet other people as well. I have been reading the tips and suggestions for solo travellers.

I'll keep you posted but if anyone is on the Grandeur of the Seas sailing from Tampa on 3/27 I hope to see you while onboard.

Happy Sailing,

DPaul

Just thought I would give a quick wrap-up report on my first solo cruise. In a word, it was wonderful. After an excellent pre-cruise night wandering through South Beach enjoying the deco and neon and the whole "scene", I boarded the Century the following day in what seemed like a few minutes. The ship was beautiful, food was very good, and the service truly excellent and friendly. I had plenty of company when I wanted and appreciated the luxury of keeping my own company at other times. Bottom line: I enjoyed my first solo cruise experience immensely and look forward to doing a longer solo in the not so distant future.:D

Welcome back:) and I am glad you enjoyed Century! I have sailed

her 4 times:D most recently in December!!!!

Welcome back:) and I am glad you enjoyed Century! I have sailed

her 4 times:D most recently in December!!!!

Thanks Lois.

I can see why you have sailed her four times...I'd go back in a heartbeat.

How do you rate Century vs Mercury or Galaxy since I believe you have sailed on those as well?

Hi Phil:)

I have sailed Mercury 5 times;) and going on Galaxy next month

for the 1st time:D

When I first started cruising with Celebrity I thought Century

would always be my favorite ship. Then I went on Mercury....

and now she is probably my favorite (but only by a little bit).

They are sister ships though Century just had that major overhaul

in 2006.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either. I will let you know

about Galaxy upon my return.

Did you try Murano's? It was sooooooo good:)

I'm taking the plunge on March 27th. I am a gay guy going on my first solo cruise and hoping that it will be a good experience for me.

I don't mind being by myself and even splurged on a stateroom with a balcony that overlooks the back of the boat. It looks like it will be a nice place to spend time and relax.

But I am also hoping that I can meet other people as well. I have been reading the tips and suggestions for solo travellers.

I'll keep you posted but if anyone is on the Grandeur of the Seas sailing from Tampa on 3/27 I hope to see you while onboard.

Happy Sailing,

DPaul

Hey Paul. I'll be sailing solo on the Grandeur 2/28!!

Hi Phil:)

I will let you know

about Galaxy upon my return.

Did you try Murano's? It was sooooooo good:)

Hi Lois

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the Galaxy. I really envy you that length of time on board...and what an itinerary! :D And, nope, didn't make it to Murano's this time but I'm sure it's great. I loved Ocean Liners on the Constellation.

-Phil

Archived