Major Snowstorm tomorrow in Northeast

lauren0309

Just wondering if anyone's plans for their cruise is going to be messed up with the upcoming snowstorrm if they have a flight to catch? I always worry about planning trips in the winter but have done it. My next trip is in 3 weeks (land based) and am hoping for good weather.

Actually they said tomorrow's storm is going to be no where near as bad as the Noreaster on Saturday!!!:eek:

Just send it south. We can take all the wet weather out there. Don't care if it's ice or snow as eventually it will end up as water and we need it bad here the state of Georgia.

Hi everyone.

Yes here in Ohio we are getting ready for the BIG STORM, that is suppossed to hit Sunday.

We live about 35 miles south of Lake Erie, and if the lake is not frozen we get blessed with tons of snow. Lake effect.

Well the lake is not frozen, and conditions are ripe for a couple feet of snow.

I guess I better go out and buy the milk and bread.

At least if there is no school Mon. everyone will be out sledding. Thank god for 4 wheel drive, and a down hill ride to work. Think of us oh yee in warm climates.

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Oh yea!!!!!!! Pile that snow up!! We will be going "home" for Christmas the end of next week to upstate New York, off the end of Lake Ontario. We L - O - V - E to visit and play in the snow now that we don't have to deal with it on a daily basis!!! :p :D

I feel sorry for all those returning from the Caribbean to an entire winter of snow!! :eek: Those people dealing with OLGA this week will get a double whamy by the time they get back up north.

Just send it south. We can take all the wet weather out there. Don't care if it's ice or snow as eventually it will end up as water and we need it bad here the state of Georgia.

Gordon, I'll try to send the rain we're getting right now on to you.

Hi everyone.

Yes here in Ohio we are getting ready for the BIG STORM, that is suppossed to hit Sunday.

We live about 35 miles south of Lake Erie, and if the lake is not frozen we get blessed with tons of snow. Lake effect.

Well the lake is not frozen, and conditions are ripe for a couple feet of snow.

I guess I better go out and buy the milk and bread.

At least if there is no school Mon. everyone will be out sledding. Thank god for 4 wheel drive, and a down hill ride to work. Think of us oh yee in warm climates.

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

We live closer to wonderful Lake Erie, so we know exactly what you are talking about. The old snow machine will be in full force come Saturday. However, according to Dick Goddard our Fox weatherman, if the storm goes east of the Appalachians it won't be bad........if it goes west...........look out! Wonder what happens to those folks that live in the middle of the Appalachians?:confused:

Gordon........I'll email you some........how's that!

We're in Upstate NY, off the coast of Lake Ontario. About an hour south of us is supposed to get 10 inches today, we're not sure what's happening here (they said 6 inches), because of the lake effect aspect, I guess we'll see!

Saturday might be worse! We have a really fun holiday party that we're supposed to attend Saturday night near Niagara Falls. Let's hope we make it there, and make it home!!

We're used to this stuff, know how to deal with it, and love to hibernate when it's horrible outside. It's that much harder when you HAVE to go out in it, even the most die hard Upstater's forget how to drive in a snowstorm, which is the most dangerous part.

Everyone stay safe and warm!!

I'm worried about our roll call shipmates who are driving from Ohio, Virginia, & Pennsylvania to get here. We board in Cape Liberty tomorrow, and the sleet has begun.

We're 40 minutes northwest of the port and our area is expecting up to 10" of snow today. According to local news this morning, Newark airport is starting to cancel flights already.

Looks like we'll have the vehicle in 4 wheel drive. Safe travels to all who are driving and flying in.

Shot snow.....I'd just like to turn my airconditioner off...it was hot today!!!! :D But I will be heading north on Friday brrrrr.............

We had all of the windows open and aired out the house - then we had to close them and put the air on. We fell just short of 80 here in Sunny Myrlte Beach. At last check we were are 67 today. But and it's a big BUT it sure doesn't feel like Christmas. I did get my snow fix though last weekend in NY (just flurries) while visiting my family. I hope everyone get's through the storm ok :)

no school and it hasnt even started snowing yet!

Are you sure you aren't in the south? Here, if even a flake is predicted, they shut down all schools and businesses, and everyone buys out the grocery stores.

It is the exact reason we did not book a flight. We decided to drive down. I was sooooo worried about missing a flight due to snow and then in turn missing the ship. And sure enough....we are getting 6" of snow Saturday and that is when our flight would have been. But since we are driving, we will be leaving tomorrow afternoon/evening in order to beat the snow ( or maybe its in order to get away from all this darn rain and start the vacation early!:D ).

This is exactly why we booked our flights for 2 days early on on January cruise, and have a back-up place to stay in our connecting airport in Philly... it's comin' down now and they are sending the school kids home early- right in the middle of the storm, go figure. :rolleyes:

The only part that is bad is driving in it before the plows make it through. And our street is very short so we are on the tail end of the snow plow priority list. But I still have leaves buried under that snow! :D

Oh, Florida looks nice right about now. I live in RI and am currently visiting in Buffalo. Was supposed to fly home today, but already changed my flight till tomorrow. No sense thinking I'm going to fly out of here into Boston this evening! It's snowing hard right now. I agree it should be a great Patriots game Sunday....love the snow games!! :)

I hope everyone cruising makes it to their destinations....good luck!

We are supposed to have a cold front this weekend as well. They predict high 60s/low 70s for the day time temps. Yikes! :D

I know what you mean...we're freezing here in Texas today with a high of 56!!! :p BRRRRRR!

Ya'll be safe up there!!

I'm trying to be optomistic, but I'm thinking we might have a problem getting to FLL ;(

We are supposed to board the enchantment on Saturday. We fly out of Boston tomorrow morning at 11am. This afternoon into tonight we are expecting 6-10 inches of snow. The only thing that might be in our favor is that it is supposed to be a "quick" storm and be over late tonight. Hopefully they are able to get our plane into Boston so we can take it out tomorrow :) I'm crossing my fingers!!!

Archived