...sad show: QV leaving Rotterdam

starcraft

I ´went up to Rotterdam ( about 550 KM) just to meet the two Queens at the cruise terminal. Sadly I heared that the ships will not bee at the same pier due to security reasons. I was not informned by cunard about that plan. And I got the wrong information about the arrival of QE2. I drove all night and she was there at about 6 in the morining. I was too late:( . The second time.

Then I made several photos of both vessels. Then I waited hours at "hoek of Holland" to watch the ships go out. QE2 was on time. And she sounded the ships whistles to greet us (several people watching, taking photos in cold weather). Who is currently the Captain onboard QE2??? It was very nice that he sounded the whistles for us (I got in on video).

Than QV passes us (almost 2 hours to late). She passed us without anything. I thought of sounding the horn from my car to greet the Queen (I don`t want to be impolite). But she didn`t sound the whistle. It was a sad show. Who is the Captain onboard??

Cunard has to do more PR. It was not good to get QE2 in the fright harbour (this is second class). She is the only true liner in service. And she is still beautiful.

There was nothing planned. No music at the pier, no nothing. And no chance to get onboard for a visit (for previous guests).

OK that is a short story about the Queens visiting Rotterdam.

Afterall a sad show expect QE2. I loved hearing the whistle. I felt warm in that cold weather thinking of march 2008 when we are onboard QE2 in warm weather:) .

Perhaps you can visit my site later on. I will post pictures and the video in the next days.

Regards

Thorsten

Archived