Scrapbooking supplies on CB.???

harrodsfan

If you are a scrapbooker, you will probably be disappointed with the seminars. I popped into one, and basically it was Scrapbooking 101, which is fine for newbies, but I didnt end up participating. They had some 12x12 paper and some cutting tools (paper cutter, a couple other cutters), as well as some accent paper and some random pictures (some from our ports, some totally not!). They were having people place the accent paper in the middle of the page, and put the pictue over it, and using a pen to make a title! Pretty basic.

When we did an Alaska itinerary, they had a great scrapbooking kit with "princess" logoed paper and stickers. It was pricey ($19.99), but I both both styles, I liked them so much. On the Coral 2 weeks ago (when I saw the seminar), they had a Caribbean kit, but I was very disapoointed. There was no Princess logoing, and they had raised the price to $24.99.

The beige 12x12 scrapbooks they have are awesome however! I am not normally a top loader fan, but I really like the embossed front with the ships name. On our cruise, if you bought both embarkation backgrounds, you got the scrapbook for free.

Casey

Thanks for your prompt reply. I already have borders and cutouts but didnt' know if I needed to bring my cropping tools...Now I know they will have that I can just bring my tape runner. Glad the scrapbook is nice..was planning on getting that..:)

I don't need lessons but will just use the room and supplies...:)...

I am currently on the CB and attended the scrapbooking sessions. Very disappointing. The first session the cruise staff gave a brief overview on how to use the die cut machine, showed us the paper, had several of the cruise brochures which we could cut pictures out of and left us on our own. Cruise staff person was not feeling well (due to Tropical Storm Olga) so she sat and read and offered no one any assistance. People very upset. The second session only 3 people showed up. We did some die cuts and stamps but the person that day was very nice and listened to our feedback on day 1. They had a 3rd day but only 2 of us from the second session showed up so we basically visited. I can't imagine bringing scrapbooking tools/supplies on board. I don't think it would be worth it. The CB does not have a paper cutter -- we were told to use a ruler and cut with scissors.

They did offer a special for the album and scrapbooking kit which I thought was an ok deal and did purchase it. I, too, love the albums.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

I had to pop in here. I'm not a scrapbooker, but we were on a cruise this year (and it had to be a Princess cruise or a Celebrity cruise, but I'm thinking it was on the Sun Princess) with a large scrapbooking group on board (I'm sure booked through a scrapbooking store or website). They went everywhere with their rolling files, and we saw people all around the ship scrapbooking. It looked like a lot of fun, and if you are interested in this sort of thing, it's something you might want to check out for next year.

If you ever have the good fortune to take a really long cruise with lots of sea days, definitely take all your supplies. Invariably, people meet up with each other, and you'll see them spending their sea days in the atrium on Deck 5 or 6, a group of knitters here, scrapbookers there, beaders, crocheters, etc. It's kind of fun.

I was on the Coral last year and was disappointed in what they called a scrapbooking class. The supplies were overpriced, not tailored to our itinerary and didn't say Princess on them. I also thought the scrapbook itself looked nice but didn't purchase. I would think that you will be disappointed if you are a true scrapbooker. Better to plan to bring your own goods if you want to do it while on board.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived