Ready to book 2nd cruise, best ship.....

FMCowboy

After enjoying our first ever cruise last month, a 3 day on Sovereign of the Seas. We are ready to book our 2nd cruise & want to go with a 7 day cruise in May. My wife & 5yr old daughter are ready to go again as well.

We live in Tampa and are open to any of the Florida ports, prefer Port Canaveral or Tampa though as they are closer. which ship is the best and which itinerary would be a good one?

thanks

FM

After enjoying our first ever cruise last month, a 3 day on Sovereign of the Seas. We are ready to book our 2nd cruise & want to go with a 7 day cruise in May. My wife & 5yr old daughter are ready to go again as well.

We live in Tampa and are open to any of the Florida ports, prefer Port Canaveral or Tampa though as they are closer. which ship is the best and which itinerary would be a good one?

thanks

FM

Try a Voyager class or Freedom class, plenty for everybody.

thanks

FM

We live in Tampa as well and have found that the Mariner is the best for a week in May. Choose east or western itineraries because Mariner alternates. We have done both and prefer east to St Thomas & St Maarten. Grandeur is the ship from Tampa but it repositions before May. Mariner with all the amenities of a Voyager class ship is the best. The ice show and the alternate dining choices are great. So is the promenade with it's shops and other diversions. IMHO it is better to take the shorter drive to Canaveral than to go to MIA or FLL to take the Freedom class or other Voyager class ships. Our favorite class of ship is the Radiance class but these ships repo to Europe and Alaska. Mariner will be beter for your 5 year old as well.

thanks

FM

Looks like you caught the bug!:D That's all right. Everyone on this board has it. Word to the wise: This next time you are on the ship, buy a "next cruise" for $100 pp since you will definitely want to go another time. Then when you get onboard, you will have some onboard credit. Do a search about "next cruise" on these boards and learn all the ins and outs. Very easy.

Well I see that RCCL is running about $200 more than Carnival in interior stateroom rooms for a 7 day cruise in May. Is RCCL worth $200 more per person???

Oh heck yeah...lol.

But are you comparing apples and apples? Are you looking at an older CCL ship verses a new RCCL ship? That may be the reason for the huge price difference.

But frankly if it was a Voyager/Freedom class ship then I would gladly pay the extra $200pp.

Port Canaveral is a great easy port to get into and out of. If you book with a TA who gives you back 10% of the cruise only portion you will narrow that 200$ margin of the diff between rci and ccl. There is no comparison. I have done 3 CCL and now 4 RCI and would not do CCL. In fact dh won a 4 nighter on ccl for Jan and I said NO, make it rci or not going. Just was not worth it. So they allowed me to book my own and do what I wanted. Would not do CCL. Love the Mariner, done it twice. Beautiful ship, great crew, and it is moving to CA so book now. If you need ta who is great, write to me:

picard2117@cox.net

Cori

Archived