How do I get an iron on the Dawn?

themishmans

Why not just go to the laudry room and use the iron there to do your ironing??:) I'm assuming of course that you are sailing on one the ships that have a laundry room. You can find out by going to the NCL web site and seeing if your ship has one.:)

I know I can't pack one, but I am going to have a lot of wrinkly clothes by the time we are on board. How do I go about getting an iron? Or maybe they have an ironing service on board? I would pay for that.

Either ask your room steward for one, or call housekeeping and request one - they'll bring you an ironing board also. Tip - call in the morning when the demand is low, or you may wait for a while to get one.

There are self service laundries onboard the Dawn (decks 5, 9, 10 and 11 I think) - ask your cabin steward for exact location. There you will find an iron and ironing board.

Alternative is to send your clothes to the ship's laundry for pressing - you will find a list of charges with the laundry bag in your cabin.

I know I can't pack one, but I am going to have a lot of wrinkly clothes by the time we are on board. How do I go about getting an iron? Or maybe they have an ironing service on board? I would pay for that.

There are laundry rooms on the Dawn where you can do your own ironing and there is also a laundry and pressing service. If you want bring your own iron.

My very first cruise was on the Dawn. I am a HUGE iron freak & did not know you are not allowed to have irons. :( I packed a full size iron in my suitcase & it wasn't even hidden & they didn't take it. I even left it out on the desk the whole week & no one ever said a word.:rolleyes: So I was wrinkle free. :p

My very first cruise was on the Dawn. I am a HUGE iron freak & did not know you are not allowed to have irons. :( I packed a full size iron in my suitcase & it wasn't even hidden & they didn't take it. I even left it out on the desk the whole week & no one ever said a word.:rolleyes: So I was wrinkle free. :p

We had a full sized Iron and Ironing Board in our room on the Pride of Aloha.

I have cruised carnival in the past and had no idea that irons were not allowed. I also brought a full size iron in my luggage. Is this no iron rule written somewhere? Does it apply to all cruise lines? It sure does make a lot of sense. I am really learning alot from these boards.

Thanks everyone!

I was just waiting for this thread to start going the way it did...Was actually going pretty good for the first few posts. I dont see it as a big deal personally. I have been on 17 cruises since i was a little kid, and on every single on of those my parents brought there little Black & Decker portable iron. It was always left out on the desk where i know the steward had seen it. Nothing had ever been said to us. Only unsilt i joined CC which was 4 cruises ago did i first learn about this so called rule. Well, the way that i see it, is, we on CC make up a very small percentage of cruisers, probably so small almost to the point of being immeasurable as a whole. If we are the only ones who know of this rule, is it really that big a deal considering there are gonna be many more people who bring them anyways?...

Bring a portable steamer with you.

My wife and I use the old 'hot shower' trick to get the wrinkles out (without pressing).

You just hang your clothes in the bathroom (away from the shower so they don't get wet) -- then turn the shower on with the hottest water, close the door tight and let the steam build up in the bathroom. You don't need a strong water stream just as hot as you can get it. The wrinkles disappear after awhile -- AND you don't have to worry about having to iron while on vacation.

My wife and I have a standing joke -- the clothes iron themselves while we are having an 'afternoon nap' and, if we are not sleepy, we usually find something else to do!

Alternatively, I think there is an iron and ironing board in the self-service laundry -- but you probably have to go at a odd hour if the launderette is busy.

I bought a portable steamer for the last cruise. I was a little disappointed. What I found worked the best and took up a minimal amount of space in my suitcase is Downy Wrinkle Release. I did purchase a seperate spray bottle as the Downy bottle seems to leak. I hang the clothes, spray with the Downy, and blow them with a warm hair dryer, the wrinkles seem to fall right out.

Please don't smuggle irons on board. It's a safety issue and I would appreciate your minding my safety if we sail together.:mad:

You don't smuggle irons on board, you just carry them in your baggage. Like the way other people carry lighters, matches, pipes, cigars and cigarettes.

I'm really not trying to be a smartalec here but the best way to avoid a LOT of wrinkles is to pack basically "non-wrinkle or wrinkle resistant" clothing for a trip. I have brought a steamer to "do-over' the tux jacket but I found it easier to stop bringing the tux. Cruises, like other types of vacations are all about relaxin' and re-chargin', not fashion contests. If they were "fashion" contests I would win hands-down because I ALWAYS over pack!!!!LOL

Archived