Ladies Only

We also had the same problem! To make things a bit more complicated, the feminine hygeine products were only sold in the liquor store and in very small packages (I think 10 each), the variety was limited to one type and between the two of us we had to make a trip to the liquor store daily! We were on Celebrity Summit and wondered if the shortage of products due to the senior population of the guests. At age 44 I was one of the youngest guests! My daughter was one of two teens on board.

We also had the same problem! To make things a bit more complicated, the feminine hygeine products were only sold in the liquor store and in very small packages (I think 10 each), the variety was limited to one type and between the two of us we had to make a trip to the liquor store daily! We were on Celebrity Summit and wondered if the shortage of products due to the senior population of the guests. At age 44 I was one of the youngest guests! My daughter was one of two teens on board.

I've noticed that too - they just have rather inadequate protection on board that might last, oh, five minutes.:rolleyes: Obviously, a guy with no clue must purchase them for the ships.

Two cycles before my anniversary cruise, my period was over a week early. That never happens to me - very odd. Anyway, it was now lined up to start at the beginning of my 5 night cruise. Grrrrrr.

Well, I went to my GYN for my annual exam and asked her to prescribe me some hormone pills to delay the onset of my period. (My tubes are tied, so I do not take BCPs usually.) She was happy to help me (and gave me some cruise tips too, LOL!). She told me what day to start taking the 15 day supply.

No period...no problem...

All for $35. Worth every penny.

On our honeymoon on the Conquest, I was not due for my period. So, of course I was unprepared when I woke up with it very early on the last morning of the cruise :eek: I headed down to the purser's desk, embarrassed, and asked if they had any "feminine supplies". The kind gentlemen went to the back and came out with a discreet dark colored bag FULL of all sorts of tampons and pads! I was so relieved!

My DD & I went to the gyno this summer for this reason. We both got on the 3 month pill. We will have a period only every 3 months. I purposely stopped taking them a couple of weeks ago to force myself into a cycle so that it would be out of the way. My visitor has come and gone and I leave Thursday!!!!!! Weather permitting.

Your OB-GYN (and hopefully you have one) can give you a pill that can delay the start of your period by one month. I'm not sure what it is call because I started cruising after I had a hysterectomy (best thing that ever happen to me). Check with your doctor for more details. I have had friends who took this particualr pill before special vacations and other friends who took this pill so their honeymoon would not be ruined and they all swear by it.

Your OB-GYN (and hopefully you have one) can give you a pill that can delay the start of your period by one month. I'm not sure what it is call because I started cruising after I had a hysterectomy (best thing that ever happen to me). Check with your doctor for more details. I have had friends who took this particualr pill before special vacations and other friends who took this pill so their honeymoon would not be ruined and they all swear by it.

The "honeymoon pill" is simply the birth control pill. When I want to delay my cycle I use the birth control pill and never go to the white pills. Then when I get back, I start the white ones.

I use to have this problem too and solved it by getting "sample packs" of birth control pills from my OBGYN and starting them about 6 weeks prior to leaving, then I would not take the placebo pills and start on with the new pack right away. This was the best solution to the "problem" that my OBGYN could come up with. You still have to plan for occasional spotting but it is much better than the alternative! Thank GOD, my days of that problem are LONG GONE.....NOT menopause (I'm only 31) but I had a partial hysterectomy this last spring....YEAH, no more uterus to cause me problems!!:D

Lucky me, I had a total hysterectomy last year (at 35) and now I do not have to worry about vacations being interrupted!! :p

Gotta Love it! I'm 3 months out from my total hysterectomy! I'm 39 and it's the best thing I could have done! I've spent my share of cruise days dealin' with CrAmPs!!!!! It never failed to show up right with my cruise schedule! Glad it's gone and over with! :D :) ;) :p

My situation is a bit different, I think. We usually plan big trips well over a year in advance. Then within a few months of the trip coming up, I realize it's going to be that time of month. ARGH! I've dealt with it at Disney World, Las Vegas, Ireland, you-name-it. :p

I finally got smart 3 years ago (before our first cruise) and talked with my OB/GYN about it. We usually do one big trip a year. While I don't normally take BC pills, my doctor gives me 3 months of sample packs before our trip to take to either regulate or skip a cycle. It has been WONDERFUL!!! But it does require some planning.

On a side note, I'm nearly 50 years old. I'm ready to stop dealing with this cr@p anytime now! :o :rolleyes: :p

That's what I've done in the past. I buy bc pills while in Mexico (no perscription necessary) and will use just a few of them to through my cycle off or postpone it. I hate to do that to my body, as I know it doesn't feel right when I've done that, but who wants to spend their vacation dealing with that?

I've got about 10 years to go, but I'm SO with you on looking forward to menopause!!! lol :cool:

Archived