when should i book a september cruise to bermuda?

zees4u

I am planning to book a september cruise on the Majesty to bermuda. I can book on board the spirit in January or wait until I see the prices drop a bit. Anyone have any suggestions on the best time to book. All pearls of wisdom are appreciated.

I think, in general, the sooner you book the better. If the ship is not filling up well, prices may drop but if the ship is filling well, the prices may rise. At least by booking sooner, you will lock in a price that won't increase. And if it drops $100 or so per cabin later, you probably won't mind too much since you got your pick of cabins.

prices are up about 15% in the last month for September 2008- Bermuda. Given that there are less ships going this year since Hamilton which normally takes two ships is closed and there are less options, your may wait until the berths are all gone. You can take your chance if you wish. No one knows what the economy will bring.

You should have booked it before December 1st when they imposed the new fuel surcharge. We were lucky to book our October 2008 Dawn Bermuda cruise and our Feb. 2009 Jade Caribbean cruise before Dec. 1st. I tried to book a 2009 Bermuda cruise then also but the schedule was not available yet. I doubt the prices will go down so you might book it on the Spirit in January and at least get a $100. shipboard credit for your Spirit cruise for making the Majesty booking.

You should have booked it before December 1st when they imposed the new fuel surcharge. We were lucky to book our October 2008 Dawn Bermuda cruise and our Feb. 2009 Jade Caribbean cruise before Dec. 1st. I tried to book a 2009 Bermuda cruise then also but the schedule was not available yet. I doubt the prices will go down so you might book it on the Spirit in January and at least get a $100. shipboard credit for your Spirit cruise for making the Majesty booking.

that's what I did I booked the Majesty(September '08) on November 29. Even without the surcharge its up a couple of hundred dollars. I tried for a Med cruise for the fall of 2009 but it was too soon :(.....

Being that you are looking at Sept for Bermuda- it will probably be a high demand, due to neither the Dawn or Dream sailing Bermuda in Sept.

So, I would consider booking something now, and keeping track of pricing tends yourself. If you book with an agent who doesn't have cancelation fees, so much the better. Would then be easy to cancel and rebook, if you need to. (I know there have been posts on this board about not being able to do this, but I was able to, within the past 2 weeks)

I don't go to Bermuda after Sept., the water is just a little too cool for how I like it. But if you can hold off until the begining of Oct. then the other 2 ships- with almost double the space of last year start up again. So prices may be lower.

I plan to pick up last minute space, again next year, which in my experience of the last several years, has always been available. This past Sept. I ended up paying $319 total ($199+ $120 taxes) for the Majesty booked a week ahead.

Archived