Carnival announces new minor,infant and pregnancy policies

lvtotrvl1

Minor Guest Policy

Effective Tuesday, 12/11/07 for new bookings made:

Current Policy: If guests under the age of 21 are traveling with a guardian 25 years or older, (who is not a parent, grandparent or court-appointed legal guardian), they must travel in the same stateroom.

Change to Policy: The guest no longer needs to travel in the same stateroom as the guardian 25 years or older. The guest may now travel in a stateroom side-by-side or directly facing each other across the hall.

New Policy: Minors under the age of 14 may not be booked in a balcony stateroom unless an adult 25 years or older is booked in the same stateroom. This also applies to connecting staterooms with balconies.

Infant Guest Policy

Effective for new bookings made 1/01/08:

Current Policy: Infant guests must be at least four (4) months old to be eligible to travel, due to their vulnerable health.

Change to Policy: Infant guests must be six (6) months old to be eligible to travel for all itineraries with the exception of Transatlantic and Hawaii cruises. On Transatlantic and Hawaii cruises, the infant must be twelve (12) months old to be eligible to travel.

Pregnancy Policy

Current Policy: Any guest entering her third trimester (27 weeks or more) is not permitted to sail.

Change to Policy: Pregnant guests will only be permitted to sail if pregnant for 24 weeks or less at time of the cruise debarkation.

I am so glad they amended it for side by side rooms/across the hall rooms for families. We have traveled like this on RCCL without incident and have the same set up for our upcoming Glory cruise and I am now happy to know it will be okay!

Interesting on the pregnancy switch - it makes sense though, as does the ages of infants.

The change for minors means I can now consider taking my niece and a friend of her's (yes, still need to work out the legal guardianship first) in a room across from my mine own.

My niece is not into drinking or smoking and will be 19 by the time we cruise together and it seems a shame that someone of that age can not enjoy travel by ship.

Sounds Like Carnival Is Catching Up To The 21st Century. In All 7 Of My Cruises Always Had To Make The Cabin "switcheroo" At The Pier So Kids Could Be Either Across The Hall Or Next Door. Needless To Say, This Was Very Time Consuming For Both Our Party And Those Waiting To Be Helped Behind Us In Line. So Glad To Hear We Won't Have To Do This For 1/26/08 Freedom Cruise. Traveling With My 23 Year Old Son And His 23 Year Old Girlfriend. Was Just About To Make The Switch: Girlfriend/myself In One Cabin, Husband/son In Another (carnival Noticed Girlfriend Wasn't Related To Us When Completing "fun Pass"). 23 Year Olds Who Cohabitat, But Can't Stay In Same Cabin On Ship!!!!

I Would Like To Print Copy Of This New Policy And Have It With Me Just In Case. Please Let Me Know Where You Saw This Posted. I Looked On Carnival Site, But Can't Seem To Find It. Still Have Same Old "minor Policy" Posted.

Thanks

Sounds Like Carnival Is Catching Up To The 21st Century. In All 7 Of My Cruises Always Had To Make The Cabin "switcheroo" At The Pier So Kids Could Be Either Across The Hall Or Next Door. Needless To Say, This Was Very Time Consuming For Both Our Party And Those Waiting To Be Helped Behind Us In Line. So Glad To Hear We Won't Have To Do This For 1/26/08 Freedom Cruise. Traveling With My 23 Year Old Son And His 23 Year Old Girlfriend. Was Just About To Make The Switch: Girlfriend/myself In One Cabin, Husband/son In Another (carnival Noticed Girlfriend Wasn't Related To Us When Completing "fun Pass"). 23 Year Olds Who Cohabitat, But Can't Stay In Same Cabin On Ship!!!!

I Would Like To Print Copy Of This New Policy And Have It With Me Just In Case. Please Let Me Know Where You Saw This Posted. I Looked On Carnival Site, But Can't Seem To Find It. Still Have Same Old "minor Policy" Posted.

Thanks

If they're both over 21, they can be in the same cabin, you only have to do the switcheroo thing if one or both of them are under 21.

We always just did the switcheroo once we were onboard, and didn't feel the need to tell Carnival about it. The stewards could care less as long as its not very small children alone in the room. They never said one word about a room full of teens (though the neighbors probably did!). Maybe we were living dangerously, but we never had a problem.

Ok I am not too bright, how do I have to book if my DW and I are going on Miricle in Sept my Sis and her BF would like to go with us they are 19 and 20. I just don't want to tell her se can come if it means that I actually have to share a cabin with her or her BF.

The new policy regarding "no minor under 14 in a balcony stateroom unless with someone 25 or older" kinda bothers me - my 2 DDs are 18 & 8 - I was just able to book them in a cabin together as the older one just had her birthday. We always book balconies.

Maybe we'll have to go back to him with one and me with the other... Oh well. I'll do the switcheroo happily to have some time on a ship.

Thanks

This was a memo sent out to ta's yesterday. I'm sure it will be updated on their website soon.

• 3 months later...

We are booking a cruise, hoping to have our daughter (17) and her friend (16) in one cabin and us in the other. Our TA quoted the same policy that is on Carnival's website ~ which is NOT what his listed below as "change to policy"....it says anyone under 21 must be in same stateroom as parent/guardians. What have any of you been quoted by your TA or Carnival lately???

Thanks!

Minor Guest Policy

Effective Tuesday, 12/11/07 for new bookings made:

Current Policy: If guests under the age of 21 are traveling with a guardian 25 years or older, (who is not a parent, grandparent or court-appointed legal guardian), they must travel in the same stateroom.

Change to Policy: The guest no longer needs to travel in the same stateroom as the guardian 25 years or older. The guest may now travel in a stateroom side-by-side or directly facing each other across the hall.

New Policy: Minors under the age of 14 may not be booked in a balcony stateroom unless an adult 25 years or older is booked in the same stateroom. This also applies to connecting staterooms with balconies.

Infant Guest Policy

Current Policy: Infant guests must be at least four (4) months old to be eligible to travel, due to their vulnerable health.

Change to Policy: Infant guests must be six (6) months old to be eligible to travel for all itineraries with the exception of Transatlantic and Hawaii cruises. On Transatlantic and Hawaii cruises, the infant must be twelve (12) months old to be eligible to travel.

Pregnancy Policy

Current Policy: Any guest entering her third trimester (27 weeks or more) is not permitted to sail.

Change to Policy: Pregnant guests will only be permitted to sail if pregnant for 24 weeks or less at time of the cruise debarkation.

When we sailed in October the policy stated to us was the one listed as across the hall or side-by-side. They said that diagonally across the hall didn't count at that time. We had our 17 and 15 y.o. kids together without problems. :)

We are booking a cruise, hoping to have our daughter (17) and her friend (16) in one cabin and us in the other. Our TA quoted the same policy that is on Carnival's website ~ which is NOT what his listed below as "change to policy"....it says anyone under 21 must be in same stateroom as parent/guardians. What have any of you been quoted by your TA or Carnival lately???

Thanks!

We have booked my 15 year old and 17 year old in a category 4E cabin located across the hall from our category 9A cabin for our cruise in June on the Liberty. We booked the cabin in her name because she is a past guest, and we received obc the other day, and the supervisor I was speaking with was wanting to upgrade them to an oceanview, but said with them being minors they would have to stay across the hall from us. So we got the credit without the upgrade with them staying in the same cabin across the hall. We booked through our PVP at Carnival, and that's my recent experience with it, hope it helps.:)

In Dec I have a New Years cruise booked on theCarnival Freedom. I have my 3 kids booked in a connecting balcony cabin. I will let you all know how this works out.

Please do. I have our first family cruise booked with 2 connecting balconies as well!!(January) You'd think it'd be ok as long as we keep their balcony door locked. and the connectiong doors open..hmmm....worried, I was hopng for a little "privacy"... ;)

We have two balcony cabins booked for October--one is for our 13 & 16 yr old grandsons.

One is on our name-the other is in the boys' names.

I've sent an e-mail to my TA about the balcony thing. Hopefully, I'll hear back from her tomorrow.

You all need to read the new policy again. Particularly this part "(who is not a parent, grandparent or court-appointed legal guardian)" this doesn't apply to families, families could always book that way.

I've never had a problem booking my kids across the hall.

What this really means is a group of youths under 21 can book rooms by themselves provided the guardian over 25 is adjacent not in the room. This is actually a bad thing. :mad:

We have two balcony cabins booked for October--one is for our 13 & 16 yr old grandsons.

One is on our name-the other is in the boys' names.

I've sent an e-mail to my TA about the balcony thing. Hopefully, I'll hear back from her tomorrow.

Did you ever hear anything back from your TA on this? I too have 2 connecting balconies, one with my Dh and I, the other with 3 children 13, 5, 7. I really wanted connecting cabins, so we can have the door open so they feel closer than across the hall...

Did you ever hear anything back from your TA on this? I too have 2 connecting balconies, one with my Dh and I, the other with 3 children 13, 5, 7. I really wanted connecting cabins, so we can have the door open so they feel closer than across the hall...

Yes, I did hear from her. We are going to do the switcheroo and book DH in one cabin with one of the boys and me into the other with the second grandson and then switch once on board.

Please do. I have our first family cruise booked with 2 connecting balconies as well!!(January) You'd think it'd be ok as long as we keep their balcony door locked. and the connectiong doors open..hmmm....worried, I was hopng for a little "privacy"... ;)

Just don't forget.. those walls are tissue paper thin... ;- )

Archived