Cruise Docs Shipped to Wrong Address

bUU

My wife and I are planning on cruising with my mother and her husband in February. Despite having made all the arrangements and being the TA's sole contact throughout, the TA mailed the cruise docs together and instead of mailing them to me, they mailed them to my mother, who is now facing problems this week because her husband isn't doing well, so it is becoming more likely that she'll cancel, and therefore I won't see her before the cruise, and therefore won't be able to get my cruise documents.

I've put the TA on it, but can someone please help me understand what I'm up against? Will I really not be able to go on the cruise I paid for now? :confused:

If you mailed your mother a pre-paid FedEx envelope, would she not be able to just stick everything into it and put it on her front porch (take her 30 seconds -- I know she's got a lot going on, but that doesn't sound like too much to ask).

And you could call FedEx to arrange for them to pick up from her front porch and have them sent to you?

(Depending on what sort of place she lives, substitute some other venue instead of "front porch" as needed).

Also, if she does need to cancel, tell her you'll do all that FOR her (take a load off her mind anyhow) and that way you'll be sure that it is communicated that ONLY she gets cancelled and not you.

Finally, if for some reason she just CAN'T even touch the documents long enough to send them to you, you can deal with it as if they'd been lost in the mail and get a replacement set.

One way or the other you can still go on the cruise!

Bicker, if you do the HAL online preboarding and get your boarding pass online, you do not need any of your travel docs to get on the ship. My DW lugged them with us on her carryon last month and the HAL check-in people didnt even look at them. She took our online boarding passes, checked our passports and credit card and took our pictures and we had our seapass cards in less than 5 minutes.:) :)

Terry

Thanks for you good wishes, Jim.

That's what I was thinking, Terry. I couldn't believe, in this day-and-age, that the paper copy of anything mattered -- that the TA couldn't just print up a new copy and send them or just email the electronic file for that matter.

Regardless, they'll be on their way to us later today, so all's well. I am just happy that my mother didn't have to let this worry her at all.

Where have you been? Did you not know you need a note from your mother to cruise.:D

The docs give us something to play with while we wait for our cruise. I have not brought docs to the ship, in years, and boarding has never been an issue. ( I did not have ship transfers or cruise line flights). I always travel with a passport.

I am sorry to hear that your mom and her husband may not join you. That's a bummer. Sometimes the best laid plans......

I read most of the boards and it seems that sending all ( multiple bookings) the docs to a single address is increasingly common. Maybe it's a cost thing. In any event, it sounds like your TA is doing the right thing, by you. So many shrug and blame the cruise line and passengers are none the wiser.

I can't believe your cruise is almost here.

Archived