Norwegian Gem in a snowstorm

GMCOLT

I took the two nughter on decmber 13th, 2007. I thought people would enjoy seeing the Gem docked in Boston in the storm we had.

Good photos -- apart from the snow storm, how did you enjoy the GEM? Our travel agent was on that two-nighter also and she is raving about it.

And this is a TA who ONLY books cruises and books lots of them.

My PCC sent the pix below, taken in Boston. I get cold just looking at them!

I was happy that I went to the Med Sea to enjoy the Gem instead of waiting until she came to my backyard. I remember laying out on the same deck 2 months ago in 70 degrees in Villefranche.

I keep looking at these winter Gem pictures expecting to see my son. We were on the Boston to nowhere cruise and my son and his friend were in the hot tub. Their barefoot prints were in the snow. My daughter who is apparently a little more sane than they are did not go in but did take their picture. She told me that there were many people taking their picture.

Crazy teenagers on a cruise.:D

I did the two day. The ship is wonderful. Much nicer than the Dawn. The deck 12 garden Buffet is big and comfortable including booths.

Blue lagoon is bigger than the Dawn. The atrium is neat with the two level screen that people playedn Wii on.

The main Rest. Is more traditional decor, but real nice. Bliss is cool with the four bowling lanes.

Here are a few shoots'

Crew in snow,Snow on Balcony

Atrium

Dnning room, Garden Buffet

1975084381_December2007074.jpg.327f9513b97083ca8117677d21331418.jpg

1873596516_December2007070.jpg.94d16063d57cdf7be1139edeb058590d.jpg

1516474420_December2007086.jpg.553fae2d626fcd951260b52f4318f365.jpg

1492539336_December2007111.jpg.24a2022e2ddaa734ac46077d7f22bac7.jpg

1713190942_December2007159.jpg.5e120b1e3362e86937ad1ace06b9e643.jpg

What a ride! Saturday afternoon we were watching the Pats game in Spinnakers when all of the sudden chunks of ice the size of couch cushions started slamming into the windows! At first we thought it was hailing but it turns out that the deck above us was the pool deck and frozen slabs of ice were blown off by the wind. Then, a lounge chair flew off, bounced into the window RIGHT WHERE WERE WERE SITTING and went into the ocean! Boy were we scared! We were dealing with 20 foot swells coming at us from two directions and 50 mph wind gusts!:eek:

Those photos remind me of a cruise on the Sky Princess, 4-97, Osaka Japan to Vancouver BC, via Vladivostock and the Aleutian Islands.

It was so cold crossing the North Pacific, the outside decks were closed off due to ice/snow buildup. Luckily, there was a huge indoor jacuzzi, that was pretty well attended.

I keep looking at these winter Gem pictures expecting to see my son. We were on the Boston to nowhere cruise and my son and his friend were in the hot tub. Their barefoot prints were in the snow. My daughter who is apparently a little more sane than they are did not go in but did take their picture. She told me that there were many people taking their picture.

Crazy teenagers on a cruise.:D

OMG, those were your kids! I bet they were cold when they got out of the hot tubs. We were moderately crazy like them. We ate the barbecue lunch/diner outside in the 30 degree weather! We both had on parkas, hats, and gloves and the Garden cafe seemed like it had no seats left. Believe it or not, we had a waitress outside, even in that weather, she was taking our drink orders.

Great pics everyone! BTW, I did not know the wind was that bad because I did not know what 25 knots meant. Gulp!

Why certainly you could...but ya know, I was thinking, we couldn't discuss a group cruise on these boards unless it's an official CC group cruise...but I think a bunch of friends just booking the same itinerary would be OK ;)

Allyscud,

How did you watch the Patriots game on Saturday? I was on the two day out of Boston and they could not pick up the feed from the satellite. We saved our seats in the Atrium since 11:00AM and only saw the Pittsburgh game. Plus, it was Sunday? We kept running from the Atrium to the Spinnaker and knew nothing of a chair going out the window. Aren't the windows safety glass and not supposed to break?

We had a fabulous time and never was sick.

She is a GORGEOUS ship. My second favorite next to RCCL Brilliance of the Seas.

That would be fun! Let's suggest it to her. I'll definitely sign up. You coming?

OK I emailed her and she said they've considered it in the past and now if they think there might be some interest they'll think about it some more.

BTW-she said you and I are her 2 favorite CC clients. But now I wonder if we're the only two :eek:

Archived