Norwegian Gem in a snowstorm

GMCOLT

Now you see why I moved to Florida? :cool:

As much as I love Florida---nope. I can put on more clothing for when it's cold out, but I've been to florida in the middle of summer and once I'm naked and still sweating there's not much more to be done! :eek: ;)

Allyscud,

How did you watch the Patriots game on Saturday? I was on the two day out of Boston and they could not pick up the feed from the satellite. We saved our seats in the Atrium since 11:00AM and only saw the Pittsburgh game. Plus, it was Sunday? We kept running from the Atrium to the Spinnaker and knew nothing of a chair going out the window. Aren't the windows safety glass and not supposed to break?

We had a fabulous time and never was sick.

She is a GORGEOUS ship. My second favorite next to RCCL Brilliance of the Seas.

I meant to say that we were TRYING to get the feed on Sunday. We wound up watching the Pittsburg game the whole time. The chair slid from the deck above us, bounced off of our window (which did not break) and flew into the ocean.

Myself and a cabinmate brought home the flu from this trip. Anyone else?

OK I emailed her and she said they've considered it in the past and now if they think there might be some interest they'll think about it some more.

BTW-she said you and I are her 2 favorite CC clients. But now I wonder if we're the only two :eek:

What fun that would be. We're already thinking about 2009. :D

I know she has at least one other client I recommended her to, and I'm trying really hard to convince Ute_Fan to use her!

Come join the party, Ute_Fan. This will be a really fun cruise, wherever it's to!

What fun that would be. We're already thinking about 2009. :D

I know she has at least one other client I recommended her to, and I'm trying really hard to convince Ute_Fan to use her!

Come join the party, Ute_Fan. This will be a really fun cruise, wherever it's to!

'09 works for me (especially since I'm already booked for 10/08 on the dawn). It wouldn't be easy for me to work in another '08 cruise.

See ute-maybe we will meet up on a cruise!

Gee, I don't know if I could handle both Monte and Adele at the same time :D . (just kidding, obviously). At the rate I'm going, it's probably going to be 2009 before we cruise again anyway. What itinerary shall we start thinking about ????

Personally, I don't think we could afford either the time or the airfare to do the Baltics or the Western Med, but we'd love to do Canada/New England. Any other suggestions??

Don't mean to butt in but I believe NCL Spirit is doing Boston to Bermuda in 2009 if you're interested. I haven't done the New England cruise yet as I live here but certainly would if I didn't. Enjoy whatever you decide.

As much as I love Florida---nope. I can put on more clothing for when it's cold out, but I've been to florida in the middle of summer and once I'm naked and still sweating there's not much more to be done! :eek: ;)

Ah, but you get used to it. I grew up in Michigan and had 35+ years of snow. I'm done with it. Plus, where I live, I'm less than 2 hours away from Port Everglades, 2 away from Miami, and a little north of 2 hours away from Tampa. Call it strategic living - no snow and lots of ships to choose from!

LOL - Happy Holidays!

Ah, but you get used to it. I grew up in Michigan and had 35+ years of snow. I'm done with it. Plus, where I live, I'm less than 2 hours away from Port Everglades, 2 away from Miami, and a little north of 2 hours away from Tampa. Call it strategic living - no snow and lots of ships to choose from!

LOL - Happy Holidays!

Heck, I'm even cold in Northern California. Too hot sounds fantastic. And I like the sound of lots of ships to choose from. We're moving! :D

Ah, but you get used to it.

Been there enought to in the summer that I don't think I ever would. Makes me completely miserable! Best I could ever do would be to snowbird

Been there, done that, got the shirt! ;)

Been there enought to in the summer that I don't think I ever would. Makes me completely miserable! Best I could ever do would be to snowbird

Besides, If I move to FL I'd miss out on the attached. And don't even get me started about the afternoon rains in Fl during the summer ;)

105825272_NACOSeaside-Thanksgiving2002001.jpg.0a9ce0fc86589e2b1e748f9ed593f52d.jpg

Besides, If I move to FL I'd miss out on the attached. And don't even get me started about the afternoon rains in Fl during the summer ;)

Monte -- once again, you and I are thinking alike! My problem with Florida isn't the heat as much as the humidity. I can tolerate our dry heat, but that hot, humid air wouldn't work for me on an extended basis.

Which mountain is that? Here's a view from Alta, one of our local ski resorts -- taken on the 4th of July a couple of years ago!

1817465819_alta270405.jpg.838c92133d5fa5c338c1522d6e36e828.jpg

Monte -- once again, you and I are thinking alike! My problem with Florida isn't the heat as much as the humidity. I can tolerate our dry heat, but that hot, humid air wouldn't work for me on an extended basis.

Which mountain is that? Here's a view from Alta, one of our local ski resorts -- taken on the 4th of July a couple of years ago!

That's Mt Rainier. She had her pretty clothes on that day ;) (or as we say "the mountain is out"). We took the photo as we were headed over to the coast for Thanksgiving a few years ago. That was a really good November weather wise for us. We don't usually get that kind of sky during that time of year. It was the dogs first trip to the coast also, & she had a blast!! (I did to. It was probably one of my favorite trips of all time)

Florida really doesn't get a lot of heat during the summer (90's usually-but it's about the same every day). It actually is cooler there than we get here in the desert country of Eastern WA. But (like you say) the humidity!

276481644_NACOSeaside-Thanksgiving2002008.jpg.f8a38d444ac8af3dfb714792479bbd5b.jpg

536082729_NACOSeaside-Thanksgiving2002054.jpg.dc5ca4d4b7cd0ccc15714b75e347c37e.jpg

I think the only time I've seen your mountains in person is from the airplane. I have a couple of photos I should email you and see if you can tell me which ones they are -- they were shot from the plane windows, but we weren't sure which mountain we were looking at :confused: .

I think the only time I've seen your mountains in person is from the airplane. I have a couple of photos I should email you and see if you can tell me which ones they are -- they were shot from the plane windows, but we weren't sure which mountain we were looking at :confused: .

Are they on your webshots site? If so, I bet several of us could help you out

Heck, I'm even cold in Northern California. Too hot sounds fantastic. And I like the sound of lots of ships to choose from. We're moving! :D

Come on down! Just step over the alligator in the road and you'll be fine!

No, you took the shirt off, remember? LOL

ITA with your opinion, our summer's are definitely not for everyone. I'm one of the strange ones, I LOVE the hot, sticky, humid weather we have in the summer. And though the mountains are truly beautiful works of creation, I'd rather sit on the beach Christmas day and watch a sunset. Another beautiful work of creation.

Cheers to all!

I don't think so. I'll have to update my webshots photos when I get home and see if you or some of the others can help me out. The shots were taken flying home from Seattle following our cruise, and I was just lucky enough to turn and say something to my DH and saw them out the window.

Archived