Logging on/logging off problems?

Vic The Parrot

From the thread that's right below

Yesterday, 08:49 PM

SeahorseVA

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Dec 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're interested in Christmas/New Years 2009

Sometimes it seems that the server is very slow in responding. Perhaps because many of us are posting at once.

The automatic log-in (remember me__) works on Windows machines using Internet Explorer, but not on the Macintosh using Safari.

I haven't been having a problem with logging on or off, but I have noticed that after I read a message it doesn't mark it read. (Actually, I usually don't bother to log off either, since I am the only one using any of my machines) the other problem happened yesterday whether I was at work with Explorer or at home with Firefox.

It doesn't seem to be flushing the cache or whatever it does. Usually I hate that it marks threads read whether I have read them or not. Now it isn't marking them read after I have opened them!

Hmm. Didn't notice if that was the case tonight since I just go on a few minutes ago.

Usually it is because I rarely shut down my PC at home. I will close the open browser with CC up. However, after a while it seems to load up (either cached or something to do with cookies, I imagine) and doesn't mark things read. then I know it's time to shut down and flush the cache.

KP

P.S. Now vic, You're DEFINITELY up early! We're in the same time zone!)

Anyone else experiencing odd moments?

I can't seem to sign-off from Cruise Critic ..... been trying since yesterday.

:confused:

I can tell you that I've been having difficulties with various parts of these boards. When I inquired about it I was told that the folks that do these things have been playing about with the cookies setting creating a bit of disarray.

They believe they'll have it all sorted out shortly.

I can tell you that I've been having difficulties with various parts of these boards. When I inquired about it I was told that the folks that do these things have been playing about with the cookies setting creating a bit of disarray.

They believe they'll have it all sorted out shortly.

Thanks for your help, Mach

Guess I got caught in an odd moment on here.

I shall remain patient.

:)

Archived