Sabatinis and Sterling?

simkoreb

I'm going on the CB in Feb, and looked over the menus. I'm confused (as usual) with what you choose and what is automatically served to you. The menu from Sterling seems very small, so I assume they serve you all the appetizers listed, but you choose the steak/chicken????...

But then I read the Sabatini's menu and got all confused...how does that one work?

I'm going on the CB in Feb, and looked over the menus. I'm confused (as usual) with what you choose and what is automatically served to you. The menu from Sterling seems very small, so I assume they serve you all the appetizers listed, but you choose the steak/chicken????...

But then I read the Sabatini's menu and got all confused...how does that one work?

Not exactly. At Sterlings, you order from the smaller menu, coarse by coarse, but then you can order one of each item if you wish, but they do not just bring it automatically.

At Sabantinis you order your entree only and they bring everything else around on trays and will serve you as little or as much as you would like of each item.

Not exactly. At Sterlings, you order from the smaller menu, coarse by coarse, but then you can order one of each item if you wish, but they do not just bring it automatically.

At Sabantinis you order your entree only and they bring everything else around on trays and will serve you as little or as much as you would like of each item.

Unless Sabatini's its changed its approach, you order dessert in addition to the entree.

IMHO, Sabatini's offers a lot of food, but most of it is mediocre, The entree and dessert were, however, excellent. I just wish they would adjust their service approach to improve the overall quality.

We usually visit Sterling's once each cruise.

Another vote for Sterling's ... we eat at places like Morton's and other steakhouses rather often and have found the service and beef quality at Sterling's fairly comparable. We enjoy it!

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised with Sabatini's last summer on the Tahitian Princess. They "speeded" up the service by about an hour ... so it wasn't the entire night affair that it was the last time I experienced it on the Crown. I don't know if that was coincidental or planned?

IMHO, Sabatini's offers a lot of food, but most of it is mediocre, The entree and dessert were, however, excellent. I just wish they would adjust their service approach to improve the overall quality.

We usually visit Sterling's once each cruise.

I have to disagree with you there. We just returned from a fabulous cruise onboard the Crown and I have to tell you, Sabatini's just keeps getting better each time. The food was fantastic!! The service was great as well! Lots of new items ( we sailed the CB in April). We ate at Sterlings as well, but because I'm not a big steak eater, my vote goes to Sabatinis. My fiance really enjoyed Sterlings though.

To the op...for Sabatinis... you just order your entree and desert. They take care of the rest. Be warned...there is lot of food! But you don't have to eat it all unless you want to !!:D Another dining option you may want to look into is the Ultimate Balcony Dining. We really enjoyed that as well. Happy Crusiing

Just off Caribbean Princess (in fact, sitting on the floor of the Ft. Lauderdale airport waiting for our flight). We did not eat in Sabatini's so I can't comment. However, I can comment on Sterlings as we at there twice.

WOW

I can not say enought about Sterlings, if you are a steak eater -- it's a must! We have a world famous steak house in Cincinnati and the steaks at Sterlings were every bit as good if not better. It's a no brainer :-)

If you've got the cash, do both. If you are a meat eater - Sterlings hands down.

If you like Italian food, you will really enjoy Sabatini's. I thought I liked Italian. Turns out there is a difference between Italian and North American Italian LOL. No heaping plate of lasagna here LOL. So, to me it was okay, but nothing fantastic. But it was a great evening with the 8 of us going there courtesy of our travel agent.

A couple of people in our group travel extensively for work, and I trust their opinions very much about food, and they both commented how good and authentic Sabatini's was.

If you like Italian food, you will really enjoy Sabatini's. I thought I liked Italian. Turns out there is a difference between Italian and North American Italian LOL. No heaping plate of lasagna here LOL. So, to me it was okay, but nothing fantastic. But it was a great evening with the 8 of us going there courtesy of our travel agent.

Well, I am Italian and I live in Chicago and have eaten there and in Italy and I did not care for Sabatini's at all. It is the "tasting" menu and you do get to sample a lot of food most of which is mediocre at best. The cioppino had seafood so rubbery I could have stretched it around my waist. It was not worth the $20/pp, IMHO. We are going on the Grand soon and will try Sterlings and see how it stacks up to Chicago's best steakhouses.

The specialty restaurants on Celebrity were much better, both in menu, presentation and service.

Archived